Haters. Some people call them trolls, but these haters…they’re everywhere.
- many hide anonymously behind their keyboards, and shoot lines after lines of poisonous text on social media and websites
- others speak anonymously and venomously behind closed doors and other people’s backs, talking bad, shit and lies about other people
Overall, these people slander others in private spaces, because they dont have the ability to share it publicly with the world, where the truth can come to light.
I take them like vermin or roaches – which can be found everywhere.
Table Of Contents
Do not engage haters
Ramit Sethi loves to engage the trolls (maybe cos he has fun doing so), but mostly I go by ignoring the trolls because of one thing: I dont like to waste time.
For whatever reasons, these people’s character seems to enjoy to hide in shadows as they tell lies and scandalize others, and I do not foresee engaging with them will be productive at all.
Check if their points have any substance
Of course, before I ignore and write off these scums, I will take some time to pay attention to what they say. What I’m looking out for is constructive feedback where there is utility, where I can improve or fix something on.
- if we take too long to reply clients, say we average 2 hours before we reply, sure, we can shorten the wait time to less than an hour
- if the business waiting area or lobby is too dusty, and the cleaner only comes in once a week, sure, we can get the cleaner to come in at least twice a week
- if we made a mistake and delivered the wrong product, we can fix it by sending the right one and letting them keep the other wrongly sent one for free
These are clear lines where we can improve.
However, knowing trolls, they will come up with all kind of cock-and-bull stories, with lots of added seasoning of their own crack mind. You may have experienced how trolls:
- attack your personal character eg “I wonder why her husband loves her, she’s no good at all”
- bring in social/family members (example above)
- find examples to cause you personal hurt, grief and anguish
These kinds, I immediately fire if they’re clients or employees – toxic behaviours are not permitted
Trolls enjoy hurting others and causing grief
Often these trolls troll because they’re sadists, and when I deem they’re just out to cause mischief and grief, I disengage so as to
- not waste time
- not feed trolls the dopamine they get when they see their victims in hurt or pain
That’s how I deal with hating haters, lying asses and detractors.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.