Ever since the doctor told me to take care of my health especially cos of my liver function and cholesterol numbers, I’ve revamped the way I do stuff, and decided to first and foremost, “fix the first thing of the day” – my morning routine.
I’ve heard Tim Ferriss speak this for years. Tony Robbins. Pat Flynn. Many many people swear by this daily routine of success, to start the day right. For me, it’s not only to start the day right but also prep my night before right.
Previously, I’ll bring my phone to bed every night, and watch videos on Youtube till I lose 2-4 hours and it’s very late, and I then wake up late, tired and grumpy, and my day gets shortened and I become ineffective, and it becomes a vicious cycle.
So here’s what I did to counter it without any forms of guilt:
1. First of all, my phone stays out of my bed room – it stays in the living room, and I set the alarm to ring. When it rings, I have to get up, walk to it and switch it off (in the past, it was nearby and I could easily snooze a couple of times).
2. I drink a glass of water because when we sleep for 6 – 8 ours, our bodies get dehydrated, and need to rehydrate.
3. Along with the water as above, I also take my Xtend Life Total Balance Men’s Premium and liver supplements. Every time we awake from our sleep, it consists of a 6 – 8 hours “fast”, so that’s when our bodies crave nutrients – what better time to feed it high quality natural supplements to start the day.
4. I start to give thanks to God, for all the good things He’s given and done for me – my family, my friends, my work, all the opportunities to serve; all the bad/painful things that He’s allowed to happen for me to grow and mature, and give thanks for a brand new day.
5. I meditate on God’s words, by picking 1-3 of the verses that’s on my mind for the season, and slowly mull over them, repeat them, verbally apply and proclaiming them over my life.
6. Then I go and cook breakfast, which usually consists of 3 eggs cooked in unsalted butter, served with raw chopped garlic and lots of black pepper; as well as unsweetened coffee with creamer with a hint of cinnamon
7. And then I go off to exercise for about 45 to 60 minutes of either weights or cardio (at least 75% resistive training)
8. And then I start my work.
9. When I get back home, I bring my little girl to the playground for about 2 hours to play, socialize, mingle and interact with others and the world (and to tire her out)
10. Then I bring her back home where my wife showers Olivia whilst I prepare dinner, and if Olivia is awake, we eat together, if not, I spend time with my wife over dinner.
11. Then I do some work, and by 10 pm, all work HAS to be stopped, and back to number 1 above.
That’s my daily routine for now on weekdays, which is sorta nice thing going. I’m going to add in a thanksgiving/reflecting at the end of the day (likely item 12) but I’ll only add that in when I start doing it.
What do you do to start and end your day?
19th June 2018 Xtend Life Affi…
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?