We all know and celebrate Valentine’s Day every 14th of February 2012, and if you don’t know what is that, it is the celebration of love between lovers and couples. On this date, almost everywhere you will see special events or celebrations between couples in a special day, from flowers, to dances, to movies, to dinner dates. For the more adventurous, one might see more wedding proposals and other forms of love declarations.
Valentine’s day is the shortened name of Saint Valentine’s Day, and it is a holiday in some countries on February 14th, to honor the martyrdom of an early Christian by the name of Saint Valentine. There were two Valentines honoured, one is Valentine of Rome and another Valentine of Terni.
Table Of Contents
- 0.1 Related Posts
- 1 JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
VALENTINE OF ROME
Valentine of Rome was a priest who was martyred in/about AD 269, and his relics are still found in the Church of Saint Praxed in Rome as well as the Whitefriar Street Carmelite Church in Dublin, Ireland.
VALENTINE OF TERNI
Valentine of Terni was the bishop of Interamma at about AD 197 and was claimed to be martyred during the persecution of the Christians under Emperor Aurelian. He’s buried near Valentine of Rome, and his relics are found in the Basilica of Saint Valentine in Terni.
LINK TO ROMANCE
Some of the information I sourced did not point to any romantic elements, more like direct persecution of being a Christian during the times of persecution then. However, digging a tad deeper (in Wikipedia, of course), there were a few different legends with different stories how Saint Valentine’s Day became romantically linked.
MARTYRED FOR TRYING TO CONVERT THE ROMAN EMPEROR
This legend shared that Saint Valentine was persecuted as a Christian and was arrested and interrogated by Roman Emperor Claudius the second, in person. The emperor Claudius was very impressed with Valentine as he shared conversations with him, and tried to get St Valentine to convert to Roman paganism so that his life may be spared. But St Valentine instead refused, and tried to convert the Emperor Claudius instead, to Christianity, so he was put to execution. In his last days/moments in jail before his execution, St Valentine is said to have performed a healing miracle on the blind daughter of his jailor, restoring sight to her by the power of Christ.
WENT AGAINST THE ROMAN EMPEROR AND CONTINUED MARRYING PEOPLE
The second legend, the more romantically inclined one, portrayed Saint Valentine as a priest who refused a law by Roman Emperor Claudius II. The Emperor had passed a law that younger men are not allowed to wed, because those who got married were “no good as soldiers”, and any men younger than 24 years of age were not allowed to wed. They were to go to war first, and once they returned, only then were they allowed to wed. Saint Valentine disagreed with this and continued marrying young couples who in love, regardless of their age, in secret. When Emperor Claudius found out about this, he was furious and got St Valentine arrested and thrown in jail to be executed.
It was in jail where St Valentine fell in love with the jailor’s daughter, who visited him every day. It was during his confinement in jail where he wrote numerous love letters to her, and often ended the letters with “from your Valentine”, where one can see that commonly practiced still, today, in Valentine’s Day cards. It was later in the 15th century that Valentine’s Day evolved to a practice where lovers express their love for each other by presenting gifts, flowers, confectionary and greeting cards.
If you’re blessed to be involved in a loving and romantic relationship, take this time to spend some time with your beloved. Shower them with love the way they can understand and receive (some like gifts, some like quality time, some like words, some like food – find out =p). If you’re blessed to be single, enjoy this time of celebration in remembrance of St Valentine who believed in love.
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.