Whew, 2021 sure flew on by just like that – so quick.
COVID has definitely made a lot of things different, and though I stilllllllll dislike the mask (cos of the humidity in Singapore), but i noticed that i fall sick much lesser ever since ive been wearing mask outdoor.
Table Of Contents
Reviewing Back in 2021 and Hope for 2022
2021 was interesting, with much changes in my businesses, investments, relationships and practices.
For my core business, which is phoenixrehabgroup.com, we went GST-registered after hitting SGD $1M in annual turnover in 2021, and we embraced the transition for this fairly well.
We’re also growing the business (this year aiming to grow >50%) with more delegation, hiring and automation in place, and it remains to be my core business. Much to do and more in store (sorry cant talk so much about this business in detail because of investors / shareholders / etc)
nigelchua.com (this site) also had some interesting changes: I hired a mentor to guide me to grow it.
We started off with hand injuries and hand therapy stuff, but because I dont really practice as a clinician anymore, i dont resonate with that topic, and instead, i pivoted to write and share more about what that makes me happy:
- entrepreneurship & small business
Learning to share the videos on reddit itself has so many lessons too, and learning to deal with clowns and troll redditors has it ups and downs, but overall, i am happy to continue learning and applying.
One of the benefits that makes me happy is also the videos that i leave behind in the case when i pass on (earlier or later than thought), there is an option for my kids and descendants to access to me somewhat, for the future.
Another Side Project
I have another side project which i’d been putting aside for some time now, but it’s up our alley of physiotherapy, hand therapy as well as health and physio equipment and products.
I will be relooking at my time, energy and ability to project manage my core business and two side ones if i decide to do it =p
There was a number of health scares this year, with regards to me.
- I had an incident of bad reaction to gruyere cheese and i got hospitalized for that (eyes swollen and some difficulty breathing.
- Then there was the case of organ issues which had to be checked too – all cleared
- I stopped all my supplements because of the uncertainties =(
Good news is that my organs are very very healthy! Hehe!
I started going back to the gym in 2021, averaging 2X per week in lifting, and goal for 2022 is to continue hitting the gym at least 2X per week, and adding one more session of cardio a week to improve my cardio-pulmonary stamina and endurance.
Perhaps pickup health supplements again too =)
2021 was an interesting year investing-wise namely:
- Walton land-banking, which we invested since early 2010-ish, finally we got some of the projects that have been bought out commercially, and from 2.3 projects, we’re ahead at least 30% ROI-wise
- Testing out a wealth management company with a nominal amount, to see how they and the invested amounts go. If they’re good, i will be sinking more funds here. The goal for this is for me to be hands-off with wealth management once i launch our family fund which needs to be self-perpetuate
- Liquidated portion (took profits) of some cryptocurrency portfolio into a staked portfolio, generating a healthy double digit for me which is nice for DCA (dollar cost averaging) and paying for some lifestyle (it isn’t enough to retire on)
Goal for 2022:
- solidify the vehicle for the self-perpetuating trust fund and how the fund will be managed
- explore insurance to expand the amount upon death
- launching the fund
- sell our HDB and purchase our forever home (still looking out)
- accumulate more BTC and ETH: HODL forever!
I will carve out more time to spend with people and relationships, my kids, spouse, family, close friends and God. 2021 i didnt spend as much time with God as i would like.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.