Growth is not automatic, well unless we refer to physical growth. But even then, physical growth doesn’t happen unless we feed it with proper nutrition, rest adequately, exercise regularly, if not our physical body will too break down.
Over the course of last week and this week, there has been several interesting and inspiring events – yesterday, I met up with one of my good buddies, and we spent a couple of hours catching up and sharing about each others’ lives and challenges. When I shared with him some aspects of our business, he noticed some issues that I wasn’t dealing with, that is the conscious selection of business that is more lucrative and trimming those which are not.
He reminded me that I need to take care of the people and business properly, and to do what is more important, and that I needed to take some actions and make decisions to protect the people and business, and to do so is to trim unnecessary or less important tasks.
Then I realized that I had allowed certain things to happen i.e. the taking up of low-lying, less important and higher maintenance fruits in favor of pleasing our venture partners, and this was making my wife very tired in the management of little knitty-gritty details. Even when I had spoken to her before, she said that she was still okay, so I had taken her word as is, and left it at that. Hendri reminded me that I needed to take actions to protect her, and I totally agreed.
We prayed about it and later that night, I texted one of the core venture partners about the situation, and it was resolved rather quickly because he had anticipated it the month before, and we proceeded to jointly agree to trim out the less important ones in favor of the more important ones.
And there it was done.
It was interesting, liberating to a certain point. And what’s more interesting is that I didn’t really realize that I had allowed certain things to happen. Question is, were there any other things that is similar in other aspects of my life? I’m pretty sure there is, and I’ll peek around =)
Later that night, I spoke to one of my friends, who in the span of our conversation, told me that I needed to “market” my services and skill and expertise more aggressively to my counterparts of the same industry and trade, so that I can “convince” them of my skill and expertise.
To put it in context, when I was a student, I was really not very well known for the right reasons, and what happened is that my classmates then (colleagues of the same industry) still think and recall of me like I was then, which is in 2002 (as of now, it’s already a decade old information).
As I write this, I’m smiling to myself, because in a way, it’s very funny how their understanding and knowledge of me, in their perspective, is a 10-year-old, obsolete data about me. And from what I garner from what my friend shared with me, I pretty much understood that I am being very maligned, insulted and trash-talked as a person and clinician by them.
Interestingly, I don’t really care.
My life, my purpose, existence, living, everything of me doesn’t really include them, save for the fact that we were classmates. I think I’ve moved on, and also, it doesn’t really matter to me. On top of that, the fact they don’t/didn’t update their data and understanding already place them in such a situation where it seems like people of 2012 speaking of 2000 like it’s still 2000 is a rather strong testament of how unimportant and insignificant they/their thoughts and therefore their characters and personalities are.
My friend then asked me why?
To which I answered, “Why not?” Why should we stay with people who are uninterested in finding out the truth, actively growing and living their lives to the maximum? Why should we stay with people who lives in a seemingly purposeless world of people-bashing, all-consuming and non-giving manner? There is no point of that, in my opinion. I’d rather focus on things that matter. Like God. Like my wife. My loved ones.
What do you think?
Table Of Contents
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.