It was a painful and uncomfortable event not just for me, but for my entire family because we all took turns to having vomiting and/or diarrhea:
- Started with me having 3 episodes of diarrhea on Monday, which then went away…
- Then Louise had a few episodes of diarrhea on Tuesday
- Then Olivia’s school called us to inform us that she had diarrhea, but when she came home, there was no additional episodes
- On Wednesday, on the way of taking Olivia to school, she vomitted
- Then nothing…all the way to…
- Saturday, where David just started vomiting out of the blue, and he vomited so many times that bile started to be mixed into his vomit (yellowish clear) and he was so tired, that we decided to bring him straight to the specialist pediatrician.When she saw his yellowish clear vomit, she said to immediately ward and to be placed on IV as well as ordering an abdominal scan to rule out other diagnosis.(Of course, Olivia had fun cos she got to stay in hospital for the first time, got food, got TV – she was having fun)
- …the next day, Sunday, I started feeling ill, and started having 3 episodes of severe vomiting as well as really painful abdominal cramps. Deliberated between going back home versus going to the A&E, but the cramps was so bad, I went straight to A&E.
Table Of Contents
The triage saw me, placed me on IV, and wheeled me to the room within 45 minutes and gave me some anti-nausea, anti-cramping meds and asked me if I have any “usual” gastro specialists.
The one I usually see if Dr Ooi CJ, but he was on leave; and my father-in-law’s gastro was about to go on leave, so my wife asked our doctor friends and Dr Desmond Wai was recommended to us.
He came not long, and was very worried for me as he thought it could be gallstones due to the intensity of the pain, but when I explained the recent family medical history, he thanked me for the background, and said that it’s possibly moreso leaning towards acute gastroenteritis, and ordered IV antibiotics and a slew of other meds.
I stopped vomiting almost immediately, though still having waves of nausea that comes and goes, but it started moving towards bad BAD diarrhea.
I’m talking about at least 35-40 episodes if not more over the first 2 days. It was really bad.
Even when I took anti-diarrhea, I was still having diarrhea.
Finally I could be discharged on Wednesday of the following week (it’s Saturday as I write this), but I was so so so tired but I am so glad to go home.
Over the next few days, I continued to hydrate myself and take the medicines, and I’m gradually feeling better.
Physical health is one of the most important pillars of life, and we need to always take care of our own health. If we don’t take care of ourselves, who will take care of us?
Since 2014, I do take supplements and filtered water which I am an affiliate for, so if you’re looking at possible health-boosting solutions, I recommend you look at:
I Decided To Learn More A…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.