I am thinking of writing a post on how my growing disdain for multi-level marketing (MLM) programs, and that’d be a post that is coming soon, but today I wanted to share with you a particularly funny conversation today between two individuals over lunch.
I didn’t purposely want to eaves drop, but it was a food court and their table was like 6 inches away from us, and they spoke pretty loud…so…
A: What you going to do today?
B: I’m heading to JB
A: Really? Now’s 1 pm plus, you can go still? Won’t it be jammed?
B: It’s ok, I’m attending a MLM talk/training there and tomorrow I’m taking off for my MLM work, so it’s ok
A: Oh ok…
A: So how’s MLM doing for you?
B: (Delay for about 10 seconds) – it’s ok, it’s another potential source of income
B reaches out to drink his coca cola
A: Isn’t that unhealthy?
B: (Delay for about 10 seconds)…it’s ok la
B stands up to leave, then A leave, sharing pleasantries
For me, it’s such an awkward and weird conversation between these two individuals. Obviously B is trying to earn more money in MLM (most MLM in Asia are health-related ones, so it’s funny when there’s a disconnect with unhealthy food/drink practices), and B is awkward or uncomfortable talking about his venture, experiences or decisions with MLM.
But it’s likely not entirely his fault, and we should give credit to B for trying to find a better life and earn more income.
At least he’s trying right?
This is the reason of my disdain for MLM businesses – yes some of them have good training and low barrier to entry, but my biggest grip about them includes:
- selling of “passive income and lifestyle” dreams to downlines, and in turn tell the downlines to sell it to their friends and family
- most MLM products and services are grossly marked up to pay fat commissions (I’m not against paying commissions, I love performance based commissions…but the structure of MLM commissions can mark up costs by 500% to 1000% – it’s retarded)
- many trainings are in fact “brainwashing” and programming the downlines to repeat the same sales talk – ie close to no different from having an unthinking salesman (insurance, banker, etc)
I will still say that kudos to B for wanting a better life, be it for himself or for himself and his family. He’s taking action, and his good intentions are unfortunately exploited by MLM companies who prey on people’s vulnerabilities.
This is very similar to online scams that are too good to be true.
I’ve been making regular passive income from my online businesses, and though it’s not that much of about $30 – $100 per month (the income reporting is here), but as it’s recurring and working 24/7, I can foresee my online income steadily increasing organically over the months and years.
And that’s the amazing power of online businesses.
If you’re a student, stay at home mum (SAHM), working full time or part time, or retired: you must build an online business on the side. Please don’t quit your job yet, build it on the side until it’s profitable enough to replace your salary, then you have more options.
It’s not a luxury but truly a necessity for your future.
I’ve built multiple businesses (and lost multiple too) and I can tell you frankly that building a business on the internet is the cheapest/most cost-effective way to business. There are thousands of people who do so sharing on topics that they’re passionate about (like how NigelChua.com shares on passive income and online business, which is my passion…for years now).
I know I am making some money online (see my income reports), and I know my financial future is getting better and better. But it is not easy, and takes a lot of time to learn and apply but I am building my passive income internet businesses that will work for me day in, day out; serving readers and customers profitably and delivering value 24/7.
To learn how I to make money online, join my mailing list and visit my resources page to see all the tools I use actively to build money making online businesses.
Table Of Contents
Good or bad…hard to…
Passive Income Reports
Passive Income, Busin…
19th June 2018 Xtend Life Affi…
Should I Start With Wealthy…
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
Make Money Online Singap…
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.