…not that long after a series of mistakes, errors and attitude that’s been showing on the billing and accounts every week and end of the month; on top of making that $600.00 mistake. (edit: we uncovered that the error had fallen mainly on her, as the other colleague had professionally picked up the error and passed the info to her already, but she had forgotten about it)
And today as I was printing some documents, I found out that she has used her working time to prepare and update her CV, to apply and likely find a job during working hours with us. And she always claims that she’s too busy to do anything. In the same CV, she indicated that her age and time had limited her experiences, and now she’s keen to “even” do shift work. Interesting…as I had to change the working hours to suit her as she’s an unapologetic perpetual late comer. Even when the later start time, she was still late!
She also said that she has the ability to cope in a “very high paced clinic” – I’m not sure if I should even feel flattered for her to describe the clinic that I own to be high paced, when it is her who is slow in executing, prioritizing and managing tasks. When she makes mistakes, she wouldn’t own up to them and she always have someone else to blame – it was never her fault.
Hmm. There are two rules in life to success.
#1 Put In The Legwork To Be Champ – if you don’t want to put in the effort and time to wake up early, to prepare and put in the effort to be ready to be champ, you won’t get to be a champ. Not ever. No one wakes up a sudden champ. No one wakes up a sudden genius. They always have to put in the hours and energy to become the champion and success they are today, but people don’t like to see or hear about the hard work part. About the thankless parts. Or about the painful mistakes. This is the grind.
#2 Own Up To Your Shit – if you don’t take responsibility to account that the shit is yours, you will never amount to anything. It’s not extreme thinking, it’s basics – you grow by stretching, and when you’re stretched, you will feel pain. Avoid pain = avoid stretch = avoid growth = no chance of success.
It’s also very interesting that when I asked her why she was leaving, she said that it was her uncle and auntie’s request for her to stop and focus on studying. Hmm. That doesn’t quite tally with her updating her CV and applying for jobs…which meant that she lied to me.
Whatever it is, when I read her CV, I almost couldn’t believe my eyes of what she had thought herself to be – coping well in a fast paced environment (she was NOT), open to working in a shift hour job (perpetual latecomer) and sloppy with details, which resulted in massive billing mistakes, month on month.
That being said, I’ll have to say that she has had her good points – on a personal basis, she’s fun and friendly. If we cut her some slack, maybe she’s young and restless, that’s why she has difficulty in focus. Maybe as she’s studying part time, she can’t focus. Maybe she couldn’t deal with the truth, that’s why the lies and deception came about.
Originally I was thinking of trying to ask her to stay, but looking back, it dawned on me that (1) I don’t want to retain a person who doesn’t want to stay and (2) I prefer a higher functioning, conscious and mature colleague.
Table Of Contents
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
Can’t stand the manifestation…
Passive Income, Busin…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.