What happens if you have streams of dividend and passive incomes that come in like clockwork that pays off your monthly expenses like housing, food and drinks, transport, utility, telephone and internet bills and more?
Does it mean you can spend more time with your spouse or your kids or your aging parents and family?
Does it mean you can enjoy your work and colleagues more?
Or it means that you can travel and see the world a bit more?
Or that you can give more to philanthropy causes, or volunteer more?
Or start a business that you’ve been thinking about for years?
I’m not here to sell you shit or hype you up. Not interested.
I’m here to show you a better way of life, such that you don’t become a wage-slave, that you don’t get stuck where you are financially and have to keep working to pay the bills and to just live.
Yes, we all may have made mistakes, we may have been born into less-than-fortunate situations – we all have their struggles.
I’ve lived paycheck-to-paycheck, paying off bare minimum, borrow more – it’s not great. Until I got more and more disgusted with myself, my money habits and my life then. Something needed to change.
I realized early in life, that not many (or even one) will help me become rich or financially free or to retire early…except me. I’m the most motivated one to do it, and it’s 100% my responsibility, because I’m the 100% beneficiary of whatever I do, be it good or bad.
Not because dividend investing or saving is a special, hidden secret – it’s actually in plain sight! But because it’s unsexy, boring and profoundly simple that not many people do it. It’s just boring. And one thing I learn: when it comes to reliable and consistent passive income, I don’t want it to be exciting like ups and downs – I want it to be predictably boring – just keep the money coming in in a boring manner.
If what I speak of makes sense to you, then welcome to the family and I hope, is the beginning of a great adventure of a lifetime for you.
Table Of Contents
BASIC FUNDAMENTALS OF THE PASSIVE INCOME LIFESTYLE
I focus around the themes of early retirement, streams of passive income, financial independence, freedom and serendipity. Sounds lofty and to make it simple, there are only a three core “KPIs” (key performance indicators) to be financially independent:
- Save more (at least 30-75% of your active incomes)
- Earn more (monetize your hobbies and free time)
- Invest more (investing as much of your savings as possible into stable cash-paying stocks or investments)
GOAL: You will reach a point where
- your dividend/passive income is more than your living expenses, and then
- 100% of your active income can be invested to more dividend stocks.
Being able to save more, earn more and invest more forms the strong stable tripod of early retirement, passive income and financial freedom.
If you have a lot of unnecessary expenses that don’t add value to your life, you can and should aggressively remove them from your life (so that you can free up money to save to invest in dividend stocks for passive income, that actually adds value to your life.
Examples of unnecessary expenses (recurring or once-off) that you don’t care for or don’t use, eg:
- The fastest and most expensive Internet connection
- Latest gadgets and phones and expensive mobile data plans
- Top-of-the-line TV/NetFlix/Cable
- Subscriptions of magazines, food, candies
I don’t believe in being penny-pinching and saving for the sake of saving – instead, I believe in luxury and enjoyment and spending money to delegate stuff.
Core Belief #1:
Save on stuff that you don’t care about to be able to invest and from the dividends, spend on stuff that you actually care about.
100% guilt free.
But if you really care for those stuff, then that’s what I do: I find ways to afford stuff I actually treasure and love, and I’ll be more than happy to help you =)
Great as saving more is, it is just the bare fundamentals – it’s very, very, very hard to “save-till-one-is-rich”, which is why there is a need to also focus on…
Being able to save is great, but saving is limited to how much/creative you can be to save, but it’s limited to how much. To illustrate is that if you make $1000 a month, there is only so much you can save right.
You have the core expenses that you need to spend, and whatever extra, you save from there. Say max of 50% of $1000, which is $500 (just an example).
The problem with saving, is that there is a max limit/cap of how much you can save before you become miserable/miserly/impossible, and that is NOT the philosophy of Nigel Chua dot com.
I want you to be able to freely spend on stuff that matters to you, be it:
- buying that $1000 pair of shoes
- taking your family for a family getaway worth thousands of dollars (or upgrading their package…because you can and have the budget for it)
- stop work and spend time doing stuff you love and spending time with people you care about (like working lesser or from home to be with your kids or just because)
- giving to a cause/foundation that makes a difference in the world (like building schools, eradicating hunger/poverty/etc)
- and more
….without running out* (aka budgeting for in advance from your passive income streams).
And that’s where Earning More and Investing More comes into play.
Unlike Saving More, Earning More usually has no limit/cap. Given the example above, a person who makes $1000 may be able to save $500 (50%), or maybe a little more. Yes, it’s still $500 or more savings.
However, the person who is able to build a side hustle and earn $1000 monthly on the side…or more – there is no limit. If they can earn $500 on the side, they can scale it up to earn $1000, $5000 or more. And they can invest the additional $1000s into dividend stocks and more.
Core Belief #2:
A person who is able to build a side hustle and earn $1000 monthly on the side…or more – there is no limit.
If they can earn $500 on the side, they can scale it up to earn $1000, $5000 or more.
And they can invest the additional $1000s into dividend stocks and more.
Every dollar invested into safe dividend stocks will yield you dividend/interest, and you can then take these dividends and interests and also reinvest them to maximize the compounding yield. An example, say you are able to set aside $1000 every month for 20 years, and with an average compounding interest of 4% per annum, you will end up with:
- Year 01: $12480
- Year 03: $38957.57
- Year 05: $67595.71
- Year 10: $149836.22
- Year 15: $249894.37
- Year 20: $371630.42
This becomes your nest egg, of which you can then, if you so decide, to spend/live off the dividends. 4% dividends on $371630.42 = $14865 per year, which is $1238.76 per month.
Not bad (compared to just saving $1000 x 20 years = $240K). So if you want to retire with more dividends, then you:
- need to save more
- need to earn more*
- need to invest more
I’m a big, big believer in entrepreneurship and side hustling (especially with an online business where there is no ceiling cap, where your customers is global, and where you may find joy serving – I recommend Solo Build It for to learn and build a solid online business, just USD 299/year)
Core Belief #3:
Every dollar and cent is an employee that works for YOU, which is delegated and assigned to make more dollars and cents for YOU, the owner.
There is so much more upside and potential, but combining Saving More, Earning More and Investing More works synergistically together.
Check out my Where To Next below and the topics that interest you in the left side bar – talk soon!
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.