Wherever you go online today, you will almost always see guarantees saying:
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee, No Questions Asked
- 60 Days 100% Guarantee
- Return And Get 110% Money Back (WOAH)
Now as an entrepreneur with existing businesses, I understand the power of Risk Reversal, and it’s a very powerful approach to decrease risk (actual or perceived) by the customers to entice them to make a purchasing decision, and for super brands, such as risk reversal option is very welcome, as it shows the confidence of the seller to the buyer.
BUT, can it be abused to create a false sense of security and confidence to the buyers, by conmen and scammers? Yes and yes.
Is it true if there is a guarantee, there is ZERO RISK?
This is where people are scammed, duped and cheated into buying something where the conmen and scammers have zero intention to honor the guarantee. Yes, there are many unscrupulous individuals and companies “hiding” behind the power of the almighty guarantee. And yes, they’re also lying to you and me.
Table Of Contents
Guarantees To Watch Out For!
(1) Information products that are shipped to you.
You’ve got to be cautious about products that are mailed to you, as there are many high-ticket price products that leverage on the time it takes for a product to ship, and if you return, the amount of time it takes to ship back…and sometimes they make it difficult – they say that you MUST ship it back in the same shape and packaging it was send.
Meaning you have to package it back together if you want the guarantee – HOW HOW HOW????
(2) Companies with poor reviews.
It seems pretty straightforward, but for some reason, people seem to overlook or avoid negative reviews (the emotional pull and copy may sometimes be very strong). It doesn’t matter if a product has guarantee or not, if you do your research and you see negative reviews, you should consider not buying the product at all.
Junk is junk is junk.
(3) High Ticket Prices.
Anything that are higher priced (above $500) and offers a guarantee tends to be harder to get a refund because of a simple reason: many high ticket items sales usually has an affiliate behind the sale. This means if you buy a product that is $1000 (or $997), the creator would have typically paid $500 to the affiliate.
So if you ask for a refund, that’d mean that the creator needs to refund you $1000 and claim back $500 from the affiliate, if not the creator would lose $500.
(4) Clickbank Products.
ClickBank stuff are very well known for their high refund rates, that run up to 60 or 70% refunds. And from what I’ve seen through the years since 2002, ClickBank seems to support a lot of scammish products. I would recommend that you stay away from ClickBank products to be safe.
(5) Sales pages that really emphasizes a guarantee.
Ok, if a product’s sales page keep emphasizing their money back guarantee, be careful. Especially when it emphasizes much more on the guarantee than the product itself and what it is and what it does.
The Ultimate Guarantee…Letting You Try Before You Buy
This is the highest and best form of guarantee. Think about your experience when you walk into an Apple store, what do you see or experience?
Open concept, all the products on a beautiful display for you to hold, touch and see and fiddle with their products before you even buy. There are assistants nearby to show you how to use the products, and what you can do with the products (benefits), even without buying. And they don’t get mad even if you walk out.
Amazing. Then again, hardly amazing that they’re one of the most successful businesses in the world today.
Apple Store where you can try for free before you consider buying. Think about it, they have the best expert training in retail management, best design engineers and have people in MASSIVE QUEUES and high satisfaction. Retail and offline.
If you’re a student, stay at home mum (SAHM), working full time or part time, or retired: you must build an online business on the side. Please don’t quit your job yet, build it on the side until it’s profitable enough to replace your salary, then you have more options.
It’s not a luxury but truly a necessity for your future.
I’ve built multiple businesses (and lost multiple too) and I can tell you frankly that building a business on the internet is the cheapest/most cost-effective way to business. There are thousands of people who do so sharing on topics that they’re passionate about (like how NigelChua.com shares on passive income and online business, which is my passion…for years now).
I know I am making some money online (see my income reports), and I know my financial future is getting better and better. But it is not easy, and takes a lot of time to learn and apply but I am building my passive income internet businesses that will work for me day in, day out; serving readers and customers profitably and delivering value 24/7.
To learn how I to make money online, join my mailing list and visit my resources page to see all the tools I use actively to build money making online businesses.
Good or bad…hard to…
Passive Income Reports
19th June 2018 Xtend Life Affi…
Make Money Online Singap…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.