Hmm – today’s the 26th of October 2020.
Yes, despite the shit-show and shit-storm of a 2020 with COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic that’s been plaguing the entire world since last 2019 and still lasting till today with second, third and even fourth waves as of today (and possibly more waves to come)…
…yet I will say that I am definitely at a happier place today.
It’s weird, I don’t usually speak and am mindful about such matters on “happiness” (or maybe I just realized that I always have), but ever since I exited my sabbatical on 16th June 2019 (my 37th birthday) to join Phoenix Rehab Group as one of their principal hand therapists and CEO, it’s increasingly clear that my happiness level has grown at least 10X.
It’s also weird and seemingly counter-intuitive, as I consciously walked away from
- a blank cheque offer (I could draw as much money as I want if I stayed)
- a comfortable position, rank and mature business
- with more options to “grow up the ranks”
- and more
Yet, none of those offers fazes me, not even an iota, in the least.
I’m not in the least remotely interested in serving or working with individuals or organizations whose core values do not align with mine, regardless of how much money they can offer me. Unfortunately (or unfortunately?) I am not “buyable” – one cannot buy me with a price, no matter how big or amazing.
The the 18 months of sabbatical and the events I experienced in there confirmed that my sense and move is spot-on, with the kind of lies, deceit, rumour-mongering/burying and corruption that presented itself, be it behind closed doors or not.
Funnily enough, if we were to “look purely at material gains and losses”, yes I used much of my savings during my sabbatical but…after joining Phoenix Rehab
- I replaced my income within 6 months
- I doubled my income within 12 months
- I’ve slowly starting building my dream team
…and there is so much more potential within and without, on top of the additional peace and happiness and “cleanliness” that I have obtained. It’s funny also, because I know of people who “stick around even bad places because they smell money there” – I can’t do that.
Good success to me is how and who I make money and value in a good and right way is very important to me, and is non-negotiable. Forever.
I have forgiven these events and activities, and will move on. I will continue to pave my path that God has called and given to me, and I will not stop, and I will not tolerate working with people or organizations whose values are dark and evil.
I am strong.
I am hopeful.
I am unstoppable.
May peace, hope, love and good success be the basis of your being, hope and future.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.