In June 2016, I wrote a piece called Defiance: The Importance Of People Who Don’t Believe In You, and I shared on how defiance to norms that people wished to inflict on me, or people who wish me fail, created very strong and intense energies and inner strength for me to push myself forward, to prove to them that I could make it.
I want to go deeper into this.
Defiance to me, is very personal and meaningful, because to me, it leads me towards where I want to go and become/be, rather than join the common crowd who tries to knock everyone else into the same mould. I know that you know, like myself, how that feels like.
when you work/school and where people dislike you because you’re different, or because you stand out, or because they just don’t like you
We see this everywhere we go, and I find that, in a very sweeping statement, at least 80-90% of the people fit into this category. It is the 10-20% of us that stands out, voluntarily or by no choice, and defy what social norms and groups try to do to us.
And because 80-90% of the people are the norm and average, great – let them lead the average lives, draw average pay and do things average.
I expect more from my readers, whom I believe are intelligence, honesty/truth, loving and courageous. These 4 traits are very important.
- With Intelligence, you can understand, accept and see the differences between living an average life and living a life that is meaningful; and you can understand why people do what they do, and why/what you need to do for your own journey
- With Honesty, you can see and understand the truth, and the truth will set you free. Many individuals live like the Sleepers, who sleepwalk their lives away (read: Are You Sleeping Still?), drifting. Honesty wakes you up to reality, and you then choose
- Courage – to give your the inner strength to determine and decide what you want to live your life for, a larger purpose and vision and mission (mine is to love Christ, love my family, serve my tribe and make my therapists and readers build passive income streams)
- Love – to choose to nurture, give and love individuals such that they grow in their personal growth journeys and mature as individuals and bring their own to the world
Defiance poured a lot of energies and focus into the first 3 parts of my initial journey of life, which are Intelligence, Honesty and Courage; so most of my focus during 2002 – 2016 focused on:
- Intelligence: how to be a super therapist, how to build a therapy business, how to market a therapy business, how to handle cashflow and finance etc
- Honesty/truth: focus on building solid skills as therapists, and an authentic therapy business that served a market who wants/loves our services/us
- Courage: the strength to keep the above 2 points ongoing, and at the same time to keep facing all the challenges we face and grow above them and overcome them since 2002 till today.
It was only later during the maturation stage where I started realizing that I have an immense love for therapists, and I wanted to help them live and build richer lives and therapists, by giving them options and solutions and opportunities to not only build 6-figure annual incomes, but how to invest for the mid-long term such that their lifestyle will be sustained by income-producing dividend stocks – it is now my love for them that keeps me going, and this emotion is stronger than ever before.
But I do not forget, how it all started, which is truly my sense of Defiance and frustration with the way some of my classmates, colleagues, bosses sneered and jeered at me, and that energy kept me going.
The energy that made me just want to keep working harder and smarter to prove them wrong, and me right.
You know what, I’m glad it all turned out ok. As I mature and age, I have come to see that God is immensely good, and that He has good plans for me – we had worked hard together, and together with family and true friends and doctors who believed in us, we slowly worked our way up to build a super platform to help therapists, patients and doctors – I am immensely grateful for this.
And it’s because of this that I’m immensely grateful to my detractors, naysayers and people who didn’t support me – it is you who helped spur me to work harder than never before to improve my life and change my circumstances, it was great fuel to me. Defiance is one of the greatest fuel for me when I started, but today, my greatest fuel has become love – love for my God, my family, my therapists, my tribe.
Today, I no longer seek to defy my detractors (more because I want to focus on things that are more meaningful) so I consciously choose to participate in activities and pursuits that are meaningful to me.
But this is not to say I will not use Defiance as a fuel in parts or in whole for future projects, because I do tap on it still for projects; if you’re in a midst of a Defiance-led project, I’m sending you lots of warmth, love and fuel – go for it and rock your world.
Table Of Contents
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
Make Money Online Singap…
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
19th June 2018 Xtend Life Affi…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.