I thought you’re a big idea person – how could you not see this?”
This was one of the ending words of a ex-business partner of mine, when I informed them of my decision to pull out of the venture we were in together. It was a creative start-up, and it was fun and exciting with their projects…but as my own business grew, my own commitments grew.
However, these questions of if I was doing okay, or congratulations was not in store – what was more in store for me was a question of my lack of vision for their company. A company of which I managed the operations and finances for, and even injected capital for them to pursue building their health project.
This was not seen anymore, apparently.
I had, for several chances, think about answering the question that was posed to me, in a manner that I believed that I will regret saying, so I choose to keep quiet.
I decided to take the stance of “it’s not worth my time explaining or getting worked up over.”
Actually, this approach works wonders for me, as I find that I really don’t have to deal with people and their own subjective realities, for those realities really reflect their inner state more than mine, and I’m not responsible for their thoughts and feelings.
I often first try to remain cool and tell myself that it’s not personal to me, as I know if I blow my top it doesn’t really help the situation. I try to be as objective as possible (see the three guiding questions that help me objectify)
1. Is this person important? Such that I need to pay attention to his or her words? This shows the level of relationship or proximity.
2. Does his or her words carry weight? Is he or she a specialist is that area of feedback? Or is it just another naysayer? This shows the level of evidence of content that is mentioned.
3. Does this matter in five years time? This gives a timeline perspective of the entire event.
Once I’ve assessed these three questions, I know how to respond, and if I even need to respond to the person who took offense. Most of the time, our discomfort also shows our level of comfort with people who try to intimidate or irritate us.
Then what I do is usually to opt out of the conversation as I don’t wish to waste time negotiating or discussing with people that don’t make sense…unless I have to, then I will try to use a more thought-through response, ensure that I am firm with my responses, and take it from there.
Table Of Contents
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
Can’t stand the manifestation…
Passive Income, Busin…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.