Before one of my ex-staff had left, she had something that had really riled me before. She had said,
we (meaning herself) are not supposed to be working. We’re not supposed to be struggling. We’re meant to be sipping coffee and champagne and spending time talking with loved ones, swimming and not working.
When I heard that, I got angry. I mean, how could she say that? To me, work is the best thing that one can do to grow, learn and earn. Perhaps it’s because what was said goes into being my antithesis, because I stand very strongly for good, honest work. Work that changes the world. Work that makes things better.
Yes, there is a time to celebrate, to laugh and sing and drink and dance. We always must make time for that. But life isn’t dainty and pretty like that. Humans grow through pain and struggling. Humans hone their skills through repetitive training and experience – we don’t “be” good, we become good by the decisions we make and actions we take.
And here was this young, green, rebellious newbie who is not planning to work hard. And it’s no wonder she struggles at work – her work is sloppy, no details to attention, coming late to work persistently and blaming everyone else for her mistakes.
I started pondering it a little more.
Maybe it’s just because she’s young la. Then again, maybe there is a deeper reason? What happened through the course of time, for people such as these to reach these conclusions that handicaps their performance and future work opportunities?
You see, after seeing the way this ex-colleague handled her work, her poor response to mistakes and feedback has allowed us to reach the conclusion that she wont be hired by us, ever. Period.
I wanted to understand more, so I dug deeper and I found that I’ve shared on it before, and it’s found here: Why The Generation Ys Are Unhappy. This ex-colleague of mine is fully explained in the article…which also explains a lot of the observations I have in the younger ones nowadays.
Yet, they ask me questions such as “how can I get rich”, “how to be successful”, “how to get to where they want to be” – but they lack the very thing that will bring them forward – good and strong long term vision, hard work to match the vision, and strong leverages. There is no fast way.
I can predict this ex-colleague’s future, and many others’ future too, if this keeps going on. They’ll get no where. They’ll just keep complaining, and jumping from jobs to jobs, looking for shinier objects, grass-looks-greener-over-there approach. Keep running around – all you get is wasted energy, smelling dirty, and you’re still where you start.
That’s why I tell people to stop whining and complaining, and instead, to focus on getting busy and proactive to upgrade their lives. If they have so much energy to complain and bitch, they have the energy to do something proactive. We all have the power to get wealth, the power to succeed and the power to level up within us, we we’ve got to put in the hard work. Complaining or whining doesn’t get one anywhere.
Self-sabotaging such as having a sloppy attitude and work is worse – it’s making others fire you, for you. Wake up and grow up and get to work.
Table Of Contents
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
Can’t stand the manifestation…
Passive Income, Busin…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.