Table Of Contents
This is a trick question.
BOTH are not wrong, and both CAN be right.
So let’s discuss this a little, okay?
First, let’s discuss apples-to-apples.
Compare Pre-IPO with ICOs and IDOs
ICOs and IDOs are like the IPOs of crypto and blockchain projects; and they should (and can) be compared with IPOs as both are “initial offerings”, which are basically when a project raise funds from shareholders for public companies. In ICOs and IDOs, there are no shareholders however, the fundraisers get early access to the token which may raise in value.
Tokens in blockchain projects do not mean shareholding, but that being said, it can be very rewarding by itself eg CRONOS coin was launched as about 2c. It’s currently trading at around 11c, and has an ATH (at-the-high) of 96c. Not bad if you entered at 2c and sold at 96c, which is a 48X.
Crypto must be compared with growth or tech stocks
That’s right, let’s call it what it is.
“Blue chip” crypto can be compared to growth stocks such as Apple, Google, FB/Meta, which has very high growth potential but with painful demands for revenue and profit growth, failing which, can have painful market repercussions.
An example is Meta is recently down by 70%
Bitcoin is also down by 70% too during this time.
There are more similarities such as these, that’s why I classify the blue chips of crypto such as bitcoin and ethereum to be same as tech stocks.
Then buy which?
If crypto can be considered as tech / growth stocks, and you like growth stocks, then you can consider buying bitcoin and ethereum too, following the same line of thought. That’s what I’m doing anyway.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that there is no or zero risk, there’s always risks involved, so do your research and don’t put in more than you can afford to lose. If you cant afford to lose anything, then dont invest at all – earning more would make more sense in that case.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.