As I gather experience in meeting new people, connecting with old people and learn from businesses and investments, what dawns upon me more and more is that congruence matters.
It’s on the same plane as integrity.
I define congruence as being consistent with the values that one holds and the actions and words that one take, and they should be reflective of each other. An example is if I see and meet a vocal vegan, and I see him or her eating meat, then it’s a great disconnect, a great non-congruence. It’s the same for business, investing, and even any simple promises.
I think that people are dynamic, yes, and at times, they may forget, and they may do things spontaneously and then go “Oh! I forgot about that.” – yes, this happens, I know we’re human and make mistakes, and yes, there are different levels of things that are important.
Back to the example of the vegan – he or she may have been given an obscure candy that is out of their norm, and they forget to check/find out that it’s vegan, and they eat it and find out later, and upon finding out, they stop eating it. This is small matter of non-congruence that happens by chance.
However, if he or she went out of their way and purposefully eat something non-vegan, then it’s a blatant non-congruence that they’re committing. This is much like a salesman who do not buy or consume what he or she sells – it’s just a job, a facade.
I find it hard to accept such a notion, perhaps because I think and feel that it’s hard to live such a disconnect. Maybe I’m too quick – maybe I don’t understand their history, or their background, or their circumstances. It’s likely that they have a reason they do what they do.
If they’re doing it wrong unconsciously, I think I’m ok with it.
Hmm. I’m thinking as I’m writing this, which is likely why the tone of the article changes.
I believe in being congruent in doing and saying what we stand for and what we believe in. Say for me in NigelChua.com, I center my focus around building and living The Passive Income Lifestyle, where I strive to build and acquire both Passive Income Internet Businesses (PIIB) and Passive Income Investments (PII) that provides me passive income and dividends.
This is one of the reasons why I recently joined Wealthy Affiliate, and I am very comfortable sharing and promoting it – they’re sincere, they’re congruent and they don’t press you to spend a lot of money with them. When I saw and experience their warmth even though I joined for free (yes, there is a free membership option) and how they reached out without any strings attached – I knew it was a good place to be, and that’s why I am unashamed about sharing my membership with Wealthy Affiliate with you. I can say this: come join me in Wealthy Affiliate and let’s grow together.
Click the banner below to find out more about Wealthy Affiliate and the free starter membership – no credit card required. Just your name and email. How sweet is that? If you want to, you can just sign up and learn all you want about online marketing and building an online business.
Almost everything I do is based on the framework of The Passive Income Lifestyle, and I articulate this almost all the time.
What about you? What do you think about congruence and being true to yourself?
Table Of Contents
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
19th June 2018 Xtend Life Affi…
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.