We all need heroes we look up to. When I was younger, I didn’t think much about heroes, but when I was into basketball during my early teenage years, I looked up to Michael Jordan. I read up on him. I was inspired by him. I wanted to be him and have his skills and finesse. I would stay up to watch the NBA, and practice countless hours my hero’s signature skills. I wanted to know everything because I wanted to be like him.
As I grew older, my heroes were more practical. When I was studying for my therapy diploma in 2002, I remember chancing upon Robert Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad Poor Dad – which I read and re-read again and again and again. Then, I could only dream, but I started meddling around with stuff like MLM and those fluffy online get-rich-quick schemes by lying gurus, and burnt myself a bit.
But whenever I tried to embark on entrepreneurship, though I got burnt, I felt that I was being spurred on by Rich Dad. I felt supported, and I felt it was right. And when it was wrong, I just picked myself up, wipe my tears, and press on. This is one of the most powerful ways that human beings learn, which we often lose as adults. We lose our heroes and faith, and we give up “to the mass power of the world” – a waste.
As I grew older, I started having more heroes. I have business and entrepreneurship heroes such as Ramit Sethi and Richard Branson whom I read their books and buy their courses, to learn about their perspective and approaches to entrepreneurship. Robert Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad Poor Dad still remains my fundamentals about building and buying assets, and nothing else. I have newer heroes in investing, such as Warren Buffett – I read biographies on him, and his famed letters to shareholders.
I often turn to my heroes and try to see through their eyes, or understand through their minds, that what guides them can also give me a glimpse of vision and understanding of personal finance, entrepreneurship and investing.
I think the best thing about having heroes is that they inspire us and allows us to tap into a deeper reserve of faith and hope that is difficult to achieve on our own. Heroes tend to make things look good and easy, and this helps inspire us to want to do and achieve what they’d achieve too.
Today, one of my heroes is my late dad, who passed away on May 24th, 2014. He taught me preserverance, tough love, consistency, patience, and caring for family. I miss you pa. Thank you for everything.
Table Of Contents
19th June 2018 Xtend Life Affi…
Solo Build It Versus Self-H…
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
Happy 36th Birthday To Me
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.