I think of the main issues with how I blog and write here (or anywhere) is that I tend to over-think things.
For example, here in NigelChua.com, I would want to come up with all the taglines, fonts, tags, categories etc before I start writing and I realized that this is a form of perfectionism – I wanted the perfect framework so that when I start writing, thinking that I will follow this perfect system and it will turn out good.
Later, when I read Jon Dykstra on him saying that he doesn’t pay attention to the categories or tagging at all, just that he’d create the posts that readers want to read…and THEN later he’d take a look at the whole picture and start tagging and categorizing everything.
It was then I realized that I had a perfection-fallacy, which will deter me from writing, because I AM a work in progress. I would keep learning, growing and leveling up. If I keep trying to update the writing system and categorization, I would never start writing, because the categories keep changing!
So…I’ll just start writing, again.
And only later, say every 3 or 6 months, I’ll assess and add the categorization on a as-when basis.
That is a lot more practical, and makes lots of productive sense to me right now. This approach will keep my blog very fresh, filled with up to date progress and growth updates, as well as more useful content for you, my readers as well..
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.