I think of the main issues with how I blog and write here (or anywhere) is that I tend to over-think things.
For example, here in NigelChua.com, I would want to come up with all the taglines, fonts, tags, categories etc before I start writing and I realized that this is a form of perfectionism – I wanted the perfect framework so that when I start writing, thinking that I will follow this perfect system and it will turn out good.
Later, when I read Jon Dykstra on him saying that he doesn’t pay attention to the categories or tagging at all, just that he’d create the posts that readers want to read…and THEN later he’d take a look at the whole picture and start tagging and categorizing everything.
It was then I realized that I had a perfection-fallacy, which will deter me from writing, because I AM a work in progress. I would keep learning, growing and leveling up. If I keep trying to update the writing system and categorization, I would never start writing, because the categories keep changing!
So…I’ll just start writing, again.
And only later, say every 3 or 6 months, I’ll assess and add the categorization on a as-when basis.
That is a lot more practical, and makes lots of productive sense to me right now. This approach will keep my blog very fresh, filled with up to date progress and growth updates, as well as more useful content for you, my readers as well..
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.