I had an interesting experience earlier today dealing with a situation where I “felt like I was being shitted on” with no rhyme or reason. And that, made me a little irritated until I spoke to one of the persons I look up to, a professor.
He admitted that he too had the same treatment from the same person, but interestingly, the first reply following that statement was
“well, now she had asked all the questions and made all the shots, if there’s anything happening next, she can’t say that I didn’t tell her”
He saw the direct positive repercussions of the situation.
Later, he brought it one step further and said,
“Look, Nigel. It’s always okay and alright when people shit on you. Don’t worry about them shitting on you – the shit will drop to the ground – your ground – and make it more fertile, like fertilizer for your ground. Then you make it your point to use your fertile ground to grow something good. Nothing is ever wasted.”
He emphasized further,
“Even in the world of medicine and healthcare, if you look at all the sons and daughters of the prominent and high flying doctors and surgeons of today, they usually do not surpass their prominent parents. Why? Most of the time, they are protected from shit. And because of that, they do not have the capacity to grow. It really depends on how hungry you are – I mean, their parents call me to teach their children (microsurgery) but when the time comes, their children will not turn up to see me or learn from me because they’re tired or sleepy, and that’s their reason.”
That was quite a good food for thought for me, and I think that it is something that is applicable to you too. Do you sometimes just see the shit that’s being dumped on you, and think that “I’m unlucky” or “woe is me”?
Life is lived progressively and forward but we learn retrospectively. Most of the time, we do not understand why and what we go through until we use the skill that we were forced to learn at the moment we weren’t prepared or wanted to learn, and I think that that is the main problem – we didn’t anticipate such an event, and it was shocking/unpleasant way of learning, which sometimes leaves a bitter taste in our mouth and soul.
Here’s what I’d like to suggest: creating an open frame of mind to changes and opportunities to learn. A verbal activity – say this out aloud: I am an intelligent being. I am open to learning, and every step forward is a leap ahead. Whatever I go through isn’t wasted, it’s training for a future use. Every drop of shit is a drop of fertilizer for an amazing harvest later.
Table Of Contents
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.