20200810 Edited to add:
- I have started to refocus again on The Passive Income Lifestyle, as it is part of The Good Success philosophy, principles and priorities I have gained with additional life, business, family and individual experiences – it is a necessity to unlock the next stage of life.
- I’ve also been earning a little more passive income commissions and working to improve them further – see more of my passive income business earnings proof here
- Most of the resources I use to learn and earn my passive incomes can be found at my Resources page, and I am currently working on creating a newsletter dedicated to the passive income businesses and streams that I prefer, read more at The Passive Income Lifestyle
Edit/Update 5th June 2018
I have since started to recommend again Wealthy Affiliate as a fairly-ok-to-good platform to learn and build passive income internet businesses; they have very strong support, robust discussion/forums, strong fundamental online business training programs, and best of all, there is a free-for-life basic membership program where you can learn the basics of online business, get 2 free websites and webhosting too (sign up for the free for life Wealthy Affiliate account here)
Yes, one of their strong points is that you can stay as a free basic member for life if you want to, or once you’ve learnt as much as you can from the basic level and want to level up, you can opt to upgrade to be a premium member at $49 per month or $359 per year (the yearly option is much cheaper).
The reason why I decided to not promote Wealthy Affiliate then was because they do not provide a refund if you pre-paid for their yearly membership; instead you have to wait out your membership – I disagree with this approach.
Another thing I disagreed on was that they also call themselves “the only online business platform you ever need”, which isn’t true.
However, I realize that though it wouldn’t be the same commercial decision I would ever make for my businesses, but I will respect theirs. Wealthy Affiliate is good because it is an affordable way to learn how to build profitable affiliate marketing and Amazon associate businesses in a very smooth and friendly environment.
Wealthy Affiliate monthly membership is USD 49 or yearly USD 360 per premium account, and the magic is that you can have up to 50 websites/domains (additional USD 12-14/year per domain), which allows you to try many different businesses and topics “to find which one click and stick”.
Note that I will still use Solo Build It for authority sites, especially once I’ve found “the money making sites” from testing and time. Eg I can have multiple websites in Wealthy Affiliate, but for those strong money making and proven sites, I will port them to Solo Build It, because of my experience with them since 2009.
Basically use Wealthy Affiliate to learn and explore, then port the winners to Solo Build It =D
I’m so happy that I’m getting more emails directly from my readers, and one of my readers mailed to ask me this:
I just got your affiliate guide and I thank you. I found you by searching out SBI. From what I have read on your site, you have some diverse ideas about both WA and SBI and Affiliorama.
What are you now promoting between the 3? I want to get started in Affiliate Marketing and I have a little experience in the field but at this point in time I am basically a newbie.
I basically built a few niche websites with NPC about 4 years ago. There was no support there.
If I sign up at your SBI affiliate link, are you available to help get me off to a good start? Or do you concentrate more on WA or Affiliorama? Thanks Nigel!
MY REPLY WAS:
Hi (Name), thank you so much for connecting with me, and I’ll try my best to answer you. Note that this is a long email, and a quick summary is:
- I highly recommend Solo Build It because they provide you the complete teachings via the Action Guide, has a helpful community, and I’ve built multiple profitable sites using SBI personally. My SBI sites has lots of organic traffic because of the teachings and the actions I take as a result. They have their faults too, see below.
- My second recommendation is Affilorama because they provide 4 main key benefits including providing you the proven niches, 20 articles per niche, proven products and 1 year’s worth of autoresponder. Main problem is that they are mainly based on WordPress, and WordPress has its issues as well from security, traffic etc.
On WA Vs SBI Vs Affilorama
First and foremost, I highly recommend Solo Build It – I’ve been using their platform to build multiple profitable sites since 2009, and they’re ethical, the Action Guide is super useful and they have great support.
See SBI Video Tour here.
In my opinion, SBI has few minor problems:
- Their website is built using BlockBuilder, which can seem clunky but I actually enjoy using it.
- Their designs is very limited compared to WordPress
- Their support may not be as fast as WA, but they’re reliable.
But, in the end…as business owners and entrepreneurs, we need to be objective and look at the bottomline.
BOTTOMLINE KPI: ALL MY SBI SITES HAVE GOOD ORGANIC TRAFFIC AND RESULTS (SALES) COMPARED TO MY WORDPRESS SITES.
Frankly at this point in time, I am not comfortable recommending WA because of some of the practices they have including not having a refund policy “because they have paid the affiliate who referred” – I disagree with this. They also have other questionable practices covered below.
In fact, SBI has come up with an indepth study comparing SBI vs WA here:
- SBI! vs. Wealthy Affiliate Review: WA Proof of Success… or Failure? Part 1
- SBI! vs. Wealthy Affiliate Review: WA Proof of Success… or Failure? Part 2
- SBI! vs. Wealthy Affiliate Review: WA Proof of Success… or Failure? Part 3
More importantly in the study above, SBI has proven that people who follow and use SBI consistently is 33x more likely to be successful than someone who had been on the WA community (there’s more than that too that is mentioned in the 3 articles above).
What I like about Affilorama is how they have created a “plug and play system” primarily for WordPress users, and some benefits off hand:
- 18 tested niches (you can unlock 5, any more, you have to buy more unlocks)
- 20+ articles pre-written (you will need to re-write them so that it’d have your voice)
- Updated and proven products from Clickbank, ShareaSale etc
- 1 year’s worth of pre-written newsletters that are filled with content and with affiliate links from item 3 above.
These are the 4 main key takeaway from Affilorama.
For Advanced Solo Build It Users
For the very advanced SBI users, I recommend that they become premium members in Affilorama, because of the 4 key takeaways available there. SBI is wonderful to build the high-traffic website that gains organic traffic, but Affilorama helps with the monetization especially through proven affiliate products and pre-written newsletters.
It IS a little challenging to connect Affilorama’s newsletters funnel to SBI sites, as it’s a little technical, but I, a tech klutz managed to do it with some time, effort and research. I think if I can do it, you definitely can too.
I cannot recommend SBI enough, and it’s not about the affiliate commissions to me, because I do make way more than that in my businesses and investment. It just worked well for me, and I believe with consistent work and by following the Action Guide, you’d achieve success too in affiliate marketing and online.
Hope this helps! I am always an email away – talk soon!
PS: Solo Build It has a 90-days money back guarantee ie if for some reasons you don’t like it or don’t want to continue, cancel your subscription within 90 days to get a full refund. If you’ve gone beyond 90 days, it’d be prorated. BUT please don’t go in with the refund mindset – most affiliate businesses and online businesses take at least 1-2 years to gain authority and traction, so don’t give up.
Make Money Online Singap…
How To Avoid Scams Online…
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?