Someone asked in a group chat just the other day when I was sharing about passive income, retiring early and financial independence, and my immediate response in my head was: why not?
Why not have passive income? Why not be able to retire early?
I dont get tired of speaking about this at all, and I’ve been sharing and saying this for years now, since 2009. Passive income is still relevant today, perhaps even moreso than ever before.
- during 2020 – 2022 during the COVID lockdowns and fears and lots of job losses and changes
- 2022’s Russian’s parasitic, invasive war of Ukraine
Passive income isn’t complex. It’s a necessity of life.
With so many different case uses and benefits, because everyone’s preferences and needs are different right? Me, I will work less and spend more time with family and pursuing / doing projects that matter to me including more time in nigelchua.com and video making. Maybe hire personal trainers and nutritionists to improve my and family health.
For others it may be
- retiring their partners or parents
- spending time with sick or elderly parents
- having (more) kids
- being able to NOT put down their sick pets
- travel the world
- maybe move to another part of the world (vanlife, anyone?)
- finally have the mental bandwidth to meet people, date and maybe even marry
- focus on your first love, be it acting, drawing, writing, baking – whatever
There’s so many more examples of what one can do with passive income and retiring earlier.
Surely there’s downsides to passive income?
Of course there’s some downsides, such as
- maybe you’d start to have people sticking to you cos you have money (and they want money from you)
- maybe you’d get bored
- maybe…traveling and the beach was boring after all
Who knows? You then have the luxury of time to explore and find out what you dislike, what you like and want more of, which is still a net positive in my books.
And that what keeps me going and sharing this message again and again to those who will hear.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Thank you so much for your time and I hope it’s helpful for you.