To take control of your life, there is a few considerations, but they revolve mainly around what makes up for you life.
- What do you like to have more of
- What do you need to get rid more of
Those two are the general components you need to consider when you want to take back control of your life.
#1 What do you like to have more of
These commonly refer to things that you like or positive things that adds to you, such as
- basic level: more money, food, sex
- good relationships and friendships
- good experiences
#2 What do you need to get rid more of
These usually refer to things you don’t like or negative things that take away from you, which is the opposite of #1 which is
- too little money, food, sex
- bad / toxic relationships and friendships
- bad / no experiences
So first, you need to know what you want, and the easiest is to work on #2, which is to get rid of things (including toxic people and relationships) that take away from you. Not everything can be taken away eg you cant remove your kid etc.
But things that are fixable in #2:
- you can earn more money – you just have to learn and apply more skills that earn you more income. It’s not gonna be easy nor free. Need consistent income, effort and rejection.
- you can buy more food when you earn more money as above.
- you can improve health with regular physical workouts, meals that are catered/prepared by a health company etc
- you can have more sex – this is more complex and involves mix of money, health, confidence etc
- you can have more good experiences – again, solvable with money and time
- you can have more good relationships and friendships – this one you need to start by having better decision making process and firing / terminating relationships and friendships that are toxic and poisonous to you
Then, set goals.
- How much money would you like to make? How much? By when? How?
- How much and what type of foods would you like to have? By when? how?
- How fit and healthy you want to be? By when? How?
- How much more sex? With whom? By when? How?
- How much more experience? This is open ended cos experience can be related to travel, or work, or relationship – define clearly
- How much more good relationships and friendships?
Define, Define, Define
The world rewards the clearly defined ask, and punishes the vague request.
Definition is your answer before it goes onto your calendar and schedule.
What is important, how much you want it, what will you do to get it and keep it etc.
Define exactly what you want, and be amazed at how things work out to favor your clearly defined ask. And ONCE you’ve clearly defined what you want, THEN key into your calendar the consistent tasks that will both get and keep you there.
Often I use the example of earning more first simply because by improving one’s income, so many other facets of one’s life will be improved. I am not saying everything is about money, but am simply stating how having more money can improve one’s life. There are so many things beyond money of course that makes life beautiful that cannot be bought by money.
Such as God’s sacrifice and love in Jesus, freedom etc.
But define clearly what you want, who you want to be and where you want to be in 10 year’s time. Be bold and write it down and define it clearly.
Everything else will fall into place.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian. Loves good success and freedom.
Learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses.
I help and consult people how to diversify their income by starting offline or online business to create financial freedom for themselves plus achieve balanced good success in their lives.