Before investing in any dividend stocks or cryptocurrency, you need to have established a system where a flat/fixed percentage of your active income is set aside for investing.
Then you need to spend time and put in the effort to understand each stock or cryptocurrency, the problems they solve, the products they have, how they establish their dominance (moat) that sets them apart from their competitors and how they plan to be future proof etc.
Once you have established that, you should have a list of top 10, then you start to allocate funding for each of the listed stocks and cryptocurrency that you have researched and understood.
There are a few ways that investors invest:
- periodical dollar cost averaging (DCA)
- timing the market
- buying the dip
This article is about buying the dip, but let’s cover all three
Table Of Contents
PERIODICAL DOLLAR COST AVERAGING (DCA)
This is my usual way of investing.
I set aside X amount every month/quarter, and once the amount is enough, it’d automatically be dispersed across my cryptocurrency and dividend stock portfolio.
Regardless if it’s “high or low”.
The dollar cost averaging is based on consistent investing throughout periods of time, so that after 5-20 years, your amounts invested would have a “blended amount” of ups and downs that will equal out to be averagely alright.
This way is easy, brainless, and I love it.
Especially for Index Funds investing.
TIMING THE MARKET
Usually I shrug when people tell me that they want to time the market, because “entry point” is very important.
And it IS!
…just that, given the fact that I have a busy life and schedule (business, kids, family, church etc) – I don’t have time to time the market. Which explains my love and preference for dollar cost averaging (DCA) approach above.
If you’re trying to time the market, why it’s difficult is because we don’t have crystal balls to read the future – it’s really too open-ended, and you’d end up “waiting too long”.
If you have time, then fine.
If you don’t then don’t do so.
BUYING THE DIP (SORT OF TIMING THE MARKET)
ONE way I “sort of” time the market: I keep my ears and eyes peeled for bad news, scandals etc, which almost always causes prices to slide. Then, I buy in gradually along the slide eg if I have $5000 to buy into a cryptocurrency that is priced at $1000.
I will set buy criteria to buy at $900, $800, $700, $600 etc.
This will allow me to buy on a slide-gradual basis, and gives me an “average downhill price purchase” BECAUSE we don’t know when is the rebound/hard floor.
But it requires steady hands and heart, because when people are selling, and you plan to buy, it can be scary.
But if you’d spent time and put in the effort to understand each stock or cryptocurrency, the problems they solve, the products they have, how they establish their dominance (moat) that sets them apart from their competitors and how they plan to be future proof etc – this will be your guide and conviction
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.