Earlier in March 2013 (I think 2nd March 2013), Louise and myself went to a bag shop in Golden Shoe called Chop Chip Huat to look for a bag, as my bag had started to fray and breakdown at the seams.
We were browsing through the bags and looking for specific ones that I really liked, and I went down to the technical details and technicalities of what kind of specs I prefer in a back pack such as
- sturdy, wide and well-padded shoulder straps
- a back support that is breathable
- presence of hip support and strap-locks
- overall bag must be light
- bag must be able to last at least 5 years if not to, returnable for maintenance
- 50 liters and above
- pleasant looking
- bag must be able to open by zip, and zip must be at least half the perimeter of the bag
- support strap to hold the bag’s contents together
- needs to have a quick access compartment
As you can see, the list was pretty long, but not only were the workers there friendly and patient, even the boss himself was friendly and patient. No rush, no push, just relaxed service. The boss shared quite interesting points which were pleasantly surprising for me, which were:
The reason why he takes his time to share on the bags – he’s passionate about bags, having done it for more than 30 years. His modus operandi is to help us find the right bags that lasts….such that we’ll be so happy and tell more people about his services and bags.
I won’t deny that I was impressed. I like his cool, unfrazzled and friendly style, and he was also generous, opting to give me a rain cover for my bag for free, as well as a nice discount.
Wanna know the bag I bought?
It’s called MountainSmith – it’s an American-made bag. Very light, very sturdy, meets all my requirements as above, and more. It’s a little more expensive that what I had budgeted for, as I had originally budgeted $150. The bag original price is $265, and uncle gave me a sweet discount, which I’m not sure I should share as I don’t want to create expectations from my readers nor put the nice boss uncle in a tight spot.
An advice is if you’re looking for a bag, go visit the uncle at his shop (I’ll post his shop address below) with some ideas of what you want in a bag, and once you’ve found your bag, don’t be afraid or shy to ask him for a discount. Negotiate a little and he should try to find a sweet spot for both parties =)
Shop: Chop Chip HuatAddress: 505 Golden Mile Food Centre, Beach Road, #02-151-154, 159-162, Singapore 199583
Tel: 6292 4636
Fax: 6294 0362
The uncle’s name is Jefferey Yap, Mobile is 98235520
Table Of Contents
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.