Here are the large concept and philosophy that I use as a framework to guide my life in building a life I love.
I try to break them down to bite-size concepts, but I realize that I tend to be very broad and big-concepts in the way I see, understand and categorize in my life.
I write them in 3 large priorities:
Table Of Contents
- 1 First: Accepting Jesus As The Way, The Truth & The Life
- 2 Second, become financially free: You’ve got to build a system and lifestyle that frees your time
- 3 The Art Of Fulfillment: How to become the person you admire and live the life you love
First: Accepting Jesus As The Way, The Truth & The Life
Let’s start with the end in mind: the end of life and the beginning of eternal life beyond our physical body and life. It’s scary, but we have to really plan with our end (physical death) in mind.
It is not something that we can just push aside and see what happens.
In a summary, the background of Jesus Christ and why He is the only way to salvation:
- There is a God, who created all of us for fellowship with him. He has many names, typically starting with Jehovah.
- He made the first man, Adam, whom He got him to tend to the garden and named all the animals of the sea, land and sky, and they had many wonderful fellowships and conversations together. Adam lived naked in the garden.
- Later, God made Eve out of one of Adam’s rib. Eve too live naked in the garden with Adam and God.
- God told Adam and Eve that they can eat of anything in the garden except from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil
- This is where the first sin happened, when the devil in disguise of a snake, tempted Eve who took the fruit, ate it, and gave some to Adam who also ate it. They then realized they were naked, and hid from God.
- God looked for them, and when He realized that they were aware that they were naked, He asked who told them that, and Even lied and then Adam blamed Eve who then blamed the snake – this was when the original first sin happened, and this was when God killed an animal in front of Adam and Eve and made clothing of the hide of the animal to show them that there is consequences of sin. God also cursed/changed humanity where women will suffer pain of childbirth and men has to live off the land; and both will live and become to ashes (no longer immortals with God in heaven/garden) and cursed man/woman to have enmity with the devil. He also hid the garden away and guarded its entrance with angels.
- But God still loved the people and humanity, so God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to save us all from our sinfulness. Jesus became our living sacrifical lamb, dying for our sins on the cross as shared in the New Testament of the Bible. This was all to reconcile us back to God so that we can continue fellowshipping with Him in heaven and garden.
The only way back to God is through seeking and finding Christ, and being saved by grace through faith. Jesus is the only way, truth and life to the salvation of our souls, a relationship with God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit; and to an eternal life with them.
This is the first and forefront important decision that you need to understand and reach out to God and Jesus for – there is nothing higher importance than this. Once you understand the importance and significance of this, and if you are ready to accept Jesus, then
- Prayer the prayer of salvation, say and pray this aloud, when you’re alone or with another believer, saying and believing: Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins. Right now, I turn from my sins and open the door of my heart and life. I confess You as my personal Lord and Savior.
- Repent of all sins and wrongs and do not repeat them. You now are a newborn Christian.
- Read the bible daily and meditate on the words and truths within the bible. Bible Gateway has free bible resources as long as you have internet access.
- Get integrated with other believers and local churches near you. Go to a few different cell groups, meet different individuals and churches to find your best “fit”. There are slightly subtle and different nuances and preferences, and as long as they share the love for Christ and the bible and fit you, and you find peace – stay there when God invites you to stay there.
Next to this is to
- spread the gospel (let others hear of the Good New of Jesus, so that they too can reconcile back to the Father)
- heal the sick and
- set the captives free from bondage of sin
Second, become financially free: You’ve got to build a system and lifestyle that frees your time
Ideally, when you’re as young as possible.
You see, time is short.
The average lifespan for most people is 60-80 years of age:
- 0-21 years of age typically we’re students
- 21-70 years of age we work
- 70 onwards we retire and die
There are too many people who have a lot of regrets on their dying day. Morbid, but we need to start with the end in mind. If not, we’re just aimlessly hanging around.
We get distracted by too many things that are noisy but isn’t that important.
We need to have critical thinking and vision to cut through all those noisy distractions, otherwise it’s very hard to level up into higher living and life if we’re too busy or too tired working long hours and wasting our best years doing stuff we don’t like to impress people we don’t like.
In our busyness, it’s easy to forget the main goal of life: that life has meaning, fun, growth and adventure. Not just working without meaning, or living in hellish office politics and meaningless pursuits.
I want to remind you of your goal and who you are and aspire to be again – you can only unlock that when you’ve built a business and/or built a passive income investment portfolio that can sustain (and more) for all your daily living expenses – you’re free.
As early in life as possible.
So first, you need to build some supporting income systems that can allow and free you more to do more of what you like and aspire to be.
Let’s get into them.
Earn Money & Your Keep
Being able to earn money is a wonderful experience, as you get to hone your craft with experience, but you also get rewarded for it financially. Being able to earn (and earning more) will accelerate your wealth building process.
- Earn money
- How to earn more money
- Passive income ideas
- Best side hustles
- Grow serious wealth in your 20s and 30s
- Start an online business
- Passive Income Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship is popular now (for now) but it’s not for everyone.
Save & Manage Money
Being able to save and manage money well is one of the few key skills to maximize whatever you have in your hands, and can protect your downside and bring you closer / accelerate you into wealth.
- Stop spending on expensive clothes, cars, phones, travels and shit that you can’t afford yet
- Ways to save money
- How much should you save
- 5 steps to start saving more
- Just use 1 credit card and payoff the whole amount at the end of every month
- 1% saving strategy
- How to manage your money
- How to create a simple budget that you can follow easily
Investing & Passive Income
Passive income is a miracle and wonder of the financial world. You must learn how to master this skill of investing for passive income, to have streams and streams of passive income, which will allow you to live life on your own terms.
- Investing 101
- Best investing strategies
- Investing with little money
- Money, Wealth & Passive Income
- My favorite kind of passive income #1: Passive Dividend Income
- My 2nd favorite kind of passive income: Passive Online Business Income
- My 3rd favorite kind of passive income: Passive Business Income
- The FIRE movement
- Retire early strategy
- Investing for early retirement
- Best FIRE books
- When can you retire?
- How much do you need to retire early?
- Savings needed to financial freedom
- Years to financial independence
The Art Of Fulfillment: How to become the person you admire and live the life you love
If a kingdom is divided against itself, it cannot stand – Mark 3:24
If there is no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm – African saying
To build and live your best life, you must master your inner game of your mind, your heart, your spirit, your soul.
If our inner self, which is our mind, heart, spirit and emotions, is well – we will be able to endure the hardest of hardships and achieve the highest of success.
If not, everything becomes hard and meaningless.
It’s always easy to see with our naked eye the successes of others but miss the pains and struggles that others had to go through to achieve that level of success. Seeing with our eye is good, as it’s the easiest low-hanging fruit to see, but we will need to see beyond the tip of the iceberg and dive deeper into ourselves.
The more important part of life is to become the person you inspire to be.
Building the components of life be it money, business etc is important, and it’s only one facet, one component of life. It’s good, but it’s one thing leveling and building up money, wealth, businesses etc, it’s an entirely different thing leveling and building up the life you love.
This part of living the life you love – it’s the art of fulfillment.
The part of life that if you don’t have it, all the money in the world is useless and meaningless where the world is just gray and bleak.
That’s why there are miserable millionaires and billionaires out there.
Yes kiddos and champs: Here is where I do some parenting, growth, good success kind of talks with you.
Third: Growth, Productivity, Philosophy & Good Success
- There is a stark difference between achievement and fulfillment, which explains good success versus bad success
- Good success is defined differently by everyone, so you need to understand and define what is good success for you. This will set your priorities and give you insight into who you are and what you can or need not improve.
- The process is as important, if not more important, than the achievement
- First things first / first order prioritization: prioritize things and people of the utmost priority.
- Remember who you are. Remember where you came from. Remember where you’re going and keep the journey.
- Surround yourself with people who are worthy. Not everyone matters.
- Simplify, simplify, simplify.
- Remember, you could die tomorrow.
- Do what’s important. Do stuff that matters to you that makes your life and the world a better place.
- Don’t do stuff to farm likes and approvals.
- Don’t wait for approval.
- Stop talking, start and keep doing.
- Let your work and ethic speak for you.
- Learn from your mistakes. Find what works for you and do more of that. Do less of what doesn’t work or doesn’t give you the results you’re looking for.
- Do what is right and hard, and what is liked and nice stuff you like will come. If you do it the other way it’d be terrible.
- Don’t mistake talking or videoing or reading or learning as work. It is good, but please, do the bloody work. One can talk / read/ learn all about making ABC but nothing gets done until ABC is made.
- Don’t look for hacks or shortcuts: they appear “magically” as you continue to do and get experience. Then the hack and shortcuts appear.
- Experience matters.
- Yes, emotions are there for a reason but remember, cool heads make better decisions.
- Forgive. Forgive yourself. Forgive your enemies.
- Sometimes life just throws you a fucking box of lemons and curveballs and spitballs and a fucking bull. Life’s like that. We just have to roll with it.
- Tell the truth, each and every time. To yourself and everyone. You can be brutally honest but gentle.
- Don’t live or wait for approvals. Those likes and hours wasted are a waste of time and lead nowhere.
- Love. Love yourself and your people and even your enemies.
- Be patient. Some things take time. Some doesn’t. Know the difference between them.
- Find your element.
- Find your sweet spot
- Stacks the odds and layers of success in your favor
- On revenge: don’t pursue revenge or vengeance directly. Instead, pursue happiness and personal success. Better still, offer kindness to your competitors and enemies.
- Improve 1% a day…by end of the year, you’d achieve a minimum of 365% growth.
- Above all, do not harm, cheat or lie to others for personal gain. We have one thing, which is integrity and our word – do not break this ever, no matter how convenient or how uncomfortable it is
- Good teachers and mentors matter a lot as well: they accelerate your learning and application manifold. But beware the con/scam artist masquerading as teachers – for these, fire them as soon as you realize.
- Do your due diligence before committing into any medium or large projects. Research online, speak to your close group of trusted advisors.
- Pay for good advice. Free advice are the worst and the most expensive mistakes you make.
- Buy things that are of high quality that within your budget. Save for it, make more before buying them.
- Experience and improvements are gained by doing. Not dwelling or watching or reading.
- Entrepreneurship is not for everyone.
- Do not rush. Rushed projects, things or events typically have sub-optimal outcomes or experiences.
- Do your best, even if they use you, cheat you and lie to you.
- Yes, people will use you, cheat you and lie to you. But still, take the moral and higher ground: do not cheat, lie or harm others for convenience or for personal gain.
- Do not dwell more than 10 minutes for things that you cannot control. Instead, focus on what you actually can control and influence that will make your life better.
- No one will ever pay you what you’re worth, that’s why I chose entrepreneurship (or it chose me?) – so I can set my own terms, have unlimited upside and earning potential.
- Beware smooth talkers: always ask why and what they want of you.
- Ready Player One: It’s your turn, go for it.
- Plan 10%, Do 80%, Refine 10%. Repeat.
- Before you meet anyone, always set the agenda and plan in place. Even when it’s family. This is to train your mind to be mindful of what you’re doing with your time and with whom.
- Some doors will close in front of you. Some will open now or later.
- Sometimes bad events turn out to be silver linings. And good ones turn out to be bad ones.
- You’ve got to be faithful in the small things before big things come your way.
- God and the pursuit of God is the highest calling of our lives.
- Avoid toxic and negative people like the plague. Or people who practice and encourage you to do the wrong things knowingly.
- Do not cheat on your spouse or partner. Is it not worth it to risk a long term relationship for a few moments of pleasure.
- Schedule time for yourself. 2-5 times a week, for quiet moments or quiet walks, to still your busy mind and heart.
- Be open to serendipity and serendipitous living.
- Hug as often as you can.
Yes, they’re all related.
Leadership or parenting or relationship isn’t about rank. It’s about taking care of those your care about and under your care, to nurture, guide and lead them to their highest calling. They are also not your medals nor your assets or trophies to own and lord over – these are people placed under your care during your life.
- Spend time with your loved ones and parents. Time just flies at ridiculous speed.
- If you have kids, spend time with them. This is the same rule for if you have anyone you love and care for. Eat with them, spend time with them.
- Sometimes you may not meet the person of your dreams. Sometimes you meet them, but they belong to someone else or they leave you for someone else. Or they may just be called to God.
- Give them space to breathe, think, learn and grow.
- You’re not a leader just because you’re senior to someone or you started that business or you have more likes than someone else. Leadership is pretty much like parenthood, a servant-leadership role where you guide those under you to reach their highest potential. It is not for everyone.
- Better a hole in your life than an asshole. Do not rush or stay in relationships where someone is an asshole.
- You don’t have to marry or have children if you don’t want to. It is perfectly okay.
Health & Self Care
You only have one body – take good care of it. Having good health, energy and ability to move will amplify your life in so many ways, including participating in things that you love.
- Take care of your health.
- Fast intermittently.
- Drink more water.
- Take high quality health supplements regularly.
In the end, we all want to become and to be happy. It’s one of the highest states we can achieve.
- Optimize for learning and happiness. Do not stay in or choose that higher paying project/work to be more unhappy – it is better to choose a lower paying one (that pays all the bills of course) that brings you delight and happiness.
- Beware the happiness trap (and how to get happier).
PS: If you simply love something I wrote or shared, do consider to pay it forward and share it among your friends, family and colleagues or supporting my mission. I want to improve as many lives as I can, and that’s the best way for you to support that mission. Thank you so much for your support.