Have you ever heard of people making negative statements and metaphors such as “I’m at the end of my road now”, or “I swim like a brick” or something along that line. These are all called metaphors – metaphors are a description of what you’re feeling. Really, they’re a quick way to super-sum whatever you’re experiencing at that particular moment/season of your life.
And without surprise, different kinds of metaphors bring about different things – much like the article before this, on choosing the right words, this article is more like choosing the right catchphrase or statements of faith to feed your mind.
For example two different persons facing a same challenge in life, and one says “life’s always a battle” and the other says “life’s fun because of challenges” – they’re two very distinct and different ways of viewing the world. In fact, they’re actually exact opposites of each other!
If you described life as a battle, you’d probably imagine and think and believe that everyone is out to beat and kill and best each other, and always fighting. On the other hand, if you think that life’s really fun because of challenges, then you might believe that you can have fun with life and people!
Like words, Choose Metaphors That Makes A Positive Difference in your life; every metaphor is a statement of faith and belief, so when you choose a metaphor to describe your life, it’s likely you’re subscribing to its belief system as well.
That’s why you should choose wisely and with care the metaphors you use to describe your world, be it when you describe it to yourself or to anyone else.
Table Of Contents
HOW MY WIFE HELPED ME OVERCOME TRIALS
My wife, Louise, is an amazing woman.
One day as I was feeling down and depressed and out on facing the challenges in our life, looking over facts and figures, she came over to me and plonked herself next to me and looked into my eyes, and held my hand.
Then she said, “Nigel, it’s only a game. Learn its rules and soon enough you’ll be master at it.”
That statement of faith changed my state of mind and feelings there and then, and I instantly knew she was right, and that we will get better at what we do, and we’d get from okay to good to great!
Right now you may say, so what, my world is pretty rough on me right now – how can you turn it around into words and metaphors that energizes and empowers you? Maybe you can say instead that “the world looks to you positively”, or that “you move the world” or something along that line.
How would you describe your world?
Is it a game?
Is it a battlefield?
Is it a dance?
What does that mean?
Would it be fun?
What do you think you would need to do to make your life whatever you’d like it to be?
Assets Pay For Lifestyle And…
Make Money Online Singap…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.