As someone who’s been blogging since 2009, I can say that I really like blogging, and I’ve learned a lot about it since. It’s also a great creative outlet and a powerful platform to reach a wider audience from all over the world.
Blogging is basically a form of publishing content (like a newspaper or magazine), which can be in the form of:
- text (words, writing etc)
- audio (such as podcast)
- audio-visual videos
And what happens is that as you create (and continue to create) content that you’re passionate or interested in, you will
- get more readers
- get ranked / picked up higher in search engines which will get you more readers
Some of these readers may have needs, problems and desires that you can help solve, and from there, you can either
- create a product to solve that particular problem
- market a service that you provide (such as physiotherapy, pet grooming etc)
- recommend a product to help them and get paid by the product owner
- place display ads and get paid when people click on those ads
It takes a long time to build up the traffic and readership though; and the most classic mistakes that I made also was to not have a specific focus – I would write whatever that comes into my mind and heart, or specific experiences. Once in a while I put in something about entrepreneurship. Sometimes it’s a rant.
Because of that, there was no real “sticky focus” or reason for readers to stick around unless they were interested or know me personally. So that’s why I narrowed my focus here to learning and earning more with entrepreneurship as the central topic.
Create Your Blog Under 10 Minutes
- Sign up for an account at Wealthy Affiliate (there is a free version as well with limited access and 2 free SiteRubix WordPress sites) – this will solve all your tech issues related to web hosting, domain names, support, website etc.
- Next, choose your domain name (every domain name needs to be purchased, around USD$ 14 / year / domain name)
- Then install your website, you will have to choose a WP Theme (use a free one for now such as GeneratePress)
Done – that’s your first website =)
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.