One of the beliefs and values that I decided to pick up in my life was the ability to visualize, to dream dreams and visions of things that is to come.
I am a visionary.
Not only when it comes to business and entrepreneurship, but this skill and ability has served me well in other aspects of my life, such as social relationships and health.
I have no doubt picking up this skill will serve you well too, no matter whereyou wish to go, or what you wish to achieve.Truth to be told, this idea was sparked through countless discussions with my colleagues, staff, friends and even family.
With staff and colleagues, what happens is that when something runs out such as an inventory item has run out (such as a therapy item for sale), or stationery has run out (such as stamps) or housekeeping items has run out (such as run out of towels, sugar sticks for coffee, coffee capsules, or water) in the clinic.
With friends and family, what happens is that we would like to go somewhere together as a group, but when I ask for specifics such as date, time and location, the common resistance are brought up –
- I don’t know, ask them / someone else
- We’ll think about it then / let’s decide later
This has happened countless of times, which prompts me to ask myself and them – why didn’t/don’t you tell me earlier so that we can ensure a continuity, and not scramble at last minute?
I had often shrugged it as I thought it’s a personality matter – maybe some people are more chill and relax than others (namely me) – or something.
It’s really interesting, how we as human beings do such a thing. Maybe it’s like what Ramit Sethi said about the psychology of human beings – we are more cognitive miserly than we think, not wanting to spend cognitive effort on something that is beneficial in the long run but seemingly painful in the short run.
Although this matter has definitely driven me up the walls and wanting to tear my hair out at the roots, I am coming to terms that everyone’s pace is different, and it’s better to change myself to add better systems that to think, expect and hope others increase their pace.
Perhaps this is why many of my friends and colleague in the same generation as me frown at me when they hear of my work schedule and entrepreneurial launches. I have had worked my 16 hour days, and my 80 hour weeks, and I’ve been doing so since 2008.
You know what, I am grateful for the opportunity to work hard, to grow personally, professionally and entrepreneurially.. To me, entrepreneurship is not just a method to make more money – to me, it is my way of life.
To others, I seem to work maniacally, with no time to rest, no time to waste – no life at all, according to them. I do not deny that I work way hard, I put in my effort, my sweat and my tears, all these years. I face the hardships of starting and growing businesses, manpower and cost issues.
Yet, when they see me going back home early nowadays to spend time with my wife, they are envious of me. Either that, or they are unhappy because they’re still where they were, and still unwilling to start. If this is you, just start where you are, it doesn’t matter where you are – just start.
You see, I am getting what I want. But I’ve paid the price for it, and I will keep paying the price for it, as I inch closer and closer to my goals.
As I’ve shared earlier in 2012 that I’m shifting gears to passive income to anticipate how businesses are changing and will evolve some more, I’ve embarked on a new journey to be a health affiliate. Of course, it is also partly motivated by my patients who keep mentioning to me about natural health supplements as well as my increase own personal health.
It is considered a major project that will take at least 3 years to complete, but at this point in time, I have decided that it will be a viable and sustainable lifestyle to go into. I will share with you more down the road, as it picks up more traction.
The title of this article is called Anticipating Forward, and I’ve shared with you the reasons why I anticipate forward, and some of the projects and successes I’ve had with this skill.
Table Of Contents
Becoming The Achievers
Next, is how to nurture this skill of Anticipating Forward.
Like all skills, there is a minimal amount of understanding that is required, plus a minimal number of practice that leads to competence.
- Listing the ideas down: To make things simple, always have pen and paper ready, or at least if you have access to a smartphone or pc – email yourself each time you have an idea.
- Prioritizing the list: then, list each item in orders of important, urgent, unimportant. How to classify things as they are is based on if you think/know/feel that the task will bring you closer towards your short term, mid term and long term goal. Those that don’t help – prune out by delegation or deleting the task entirely. Take the top five goals and top five to do.
- Look at the list everyday.
- Do the top five to-do every day. Repeat until your goal is achieved. Fine tune where necessary.
Most people do the first one, which is to come up with ideas, but they don’t take any action. The next group of people, can’t tell which task is more important than the other. The third group of people are the forgetters – forgetting their visions, dreams and goals.
Only the fourth group of people ever make it and achieve their goals and dreams. These are the people that look at their list every day, fine tune their lists and actually do what they have set out to do.
And I know my readers fall into this fourth category. You can do it.
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian. Loves good success and freedom.
Learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses.
I help and consult people how to diversify their income by starting offline or online business to create financial freedom for themselves plus achieve balanced good success in their lives.