Louise and myself were attending a Start Up / Entrepreneurship Fellowship in a house, and during refreshment time, there was a beautiful smoky scent that caught my attention – I couldn’t see where the source was as I walked to the table, but later we were presented with 2 lovely cooked angus tomahawk chops, and a serving of dry aged Angus ribeye.
I’ve never had those in my life, ever (with 2 kids and being busy in business and homepeople), but goodness, that was really good.
- Presentation, check.
- Flavor of simple salt, pepper and spices, check.
- Texture, check.
- Succulent and moist, check.
- Temperature, check (he kept reheating them up with a blowtorch as it’s easier and prettier too).
HOW AN OX BOX PRIVATE DINING STARTED
So Jeff was originally in photography, and he did pretty ok with it, and after 7+ years of that, he was thinking of pivoting to something entirely different.
I think he likes/loves beef (I only met him once yesterday), and so he came up with the idea of
- importing high grade beef from the United States
- learn the skills of dry ageing, preparing, cooking, presenting and hosting/private dining
- spoke to his girlfriend’s parents/family, and presented his steak and idea to them: of using their place as private dining in return for really good beef – and they agreed
- and launched it.
That seems to be it, and I will say this:
1. What a brilliant way of starting a business. Keeping costs so so low, and partnering with people who loves his food as a base to provide private dining experience.
2. People WILL pay for good/excellent stuff, especially food. And by golly, his dry-aged tomahawk beef…is excellent.
How does this apply to you? I’d like to reiterate how smart his decision was to keep his cost very low by partnering with his girlfriend’s parents, to be able to use their place to cook, host private dining and in return for really good beef.
He is resourceful, and I believe that aside from eating that yummy beef, we can also learn from his resourcefulness to start a new side gig, by going with what we like (in his case, excellent dry aged US beef) and testing out on small scale without being locked in to 2+ years of F&B rental etc.
Brilliant beef move Jeff =)
I love the beef and the business and high commendations to the man, Jeff, his girlfriend/supporters – if you’re in Singapore, and looking to experience a very high quality, private dining US dry age beef dinner with company (at least group of 10 for dine in, and I believe he’s working with something that we can take-away for us too heh), contact him and make a reservation.
His private dining is pretty packed in advance so if/when you want to enjoy his menu and dry aged beef with your company/companion/friends, do plan and reserve in advance – enjoy =)
His website is located at: AnOxBox.com
Or click on the pictures or link above that will bring you straight to his business home page – enjoy.
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
Link To Us! - If you've enjoyed any of the articles here, I'll really appreciate your help if you could link to the specific post/article/homepage from your website, blog, LinkedIn or social media accounts such as FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram etc - this will help us to grow and serve you better - thank you! =)
Note/Disclaimer: The information in this blog/forum/comments is distributed on an "As Is'' basis, without warranty of any kind. The site owner may have a financial relationship with some of the companies or products mentioned on the blog. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate programs, a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising. Advertisement does not imply endorsement. Information might not be completely comprehensive and some readers may want to consult additional sources. This blog/forum does not contain professional advice. For professional advice, consult a professional. By reading this blog/forum/comments you acknowledge full responsibility for your actions with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly in connection with the blog/forum.