I hadn’t said this yet, but I’m scaling back a little on my affiliate work over the last couple of weeks and even months.
I’m a little tired of them, that’s why I hadn’t been paying attention to them, until today where I’ve been hearing on how Amazon Associates (it’s Amazon’s Affiliate Program) is slicing their commissions by up to 80%.
Yep, they’re just telling affiliates that they don’t need them.
In a sense, that’s true, because of the way Amazon business is structured and built – it’s big enough and with many diverse moving parts that they can afford to not care about affiliates anymore (ugh, this reminded me of some corrupt groups that I’ve had the blessing to come across…where they don’t care and just do what they feel or want to do).
If anything, this is something that I’ve felt for some thing, where affiliates can be at the mercy of the owners of affiliate programs (then again, that’s why smart affiliate marketers and agency will diversify their income sources beyond just a couple of affiliate programs, and even then one can diversify beyond different industries other than the common retail such as Amazon).
If you’re an affiliate marketer, be it beginner or not, remember to keep testing your income streams and keep adding new ones to your portfolio, not only to hedge yourself against a stream from drying out, but to test to see if there are better and better solutions for your readers and clients =)
That is always been the “proper” way to entrepreneurship – doing diligent ongoing research and development, to develop and provide better and higher value product and services to your clients.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.