I hadn’t said this yet, but I’m scaling back a little on my affiliate work over the last couple of weeks and even months.
I’m a little tired of them, that’s why I hadn’t been paying attention to them, until today where I’ve been hearing on how Amazon Associates (it’s Amazon’s Affiliate Program) is slicing their commissions by up to 80%.
Yep, they’re just telling affiliates that they don’t need them.
In a sense, that’s true, because of the way Amazon business is structured and built – it’s big enough and with many diverse moving parts that they can afford to not care about affiliates anymore (ugh, this reminded me of some corrupt groups that I’ve had the blessing to come across…where they don’t care and just do what they feel or want to do).
If anything, this is something that I’ve felt for some thing, where affiliates can be at the mercy of the owners of affiliate programs (then again, that’s why smart affiliate marketers and agency will diversify their income sources beyond just a couple of affiliate programs, and even then one can diversify beyond different industries other than the common retail such as Amazon).
If you’re an affiliate marketer, be it beginner or not, remember to keep testing your income streams and keep adding new ones to your portfolio, not only to hedge yourself against a stream from drying out, but to test to see if there are better and better solutions for your readers and clients =)
That is always been the “proper” way to entrepreneurship – doing diligent ongoing research and development, to develop and provide better and higher value product and services to your clients.
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos.
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- I recommend everyone to learn to start an online business for so many reasons: low cost, valuable skill (marketing), potential for passive income, it works 24/7 for you and no income ceiling. There's a free membership at this platform which I'd been part of since 2015 and it's where I learnt how to earn my first $100 online. See you on the inside.