And this 2Rs method simply refers to
1. Raise Your Standards
2. Rituals That Meets Your New Standards
Simple as they may sound, they’re actually rather profound to ponder and execute. You see, you can only progress and advance in your life when you raise your standards AND install the habits and rituals that meets the demands of your new standard. When you take a look at the people on your left and on your right, you will know their rituals and standards almost at a glance. What comes to your mind when you see someone that’s in great shape? In start contrast, what comes to your mind when you see someone that’s tired looking, overweight?
Without a shadow of doubt you will know that someone that is in great shape has certain rituals that brought them to a great shape and to stay that way…and in contrast, the opposite can be said of the person that’s tired looking and overweight – you may imagine them eating less-than-ideal food, not exercising etc.
The 2Rs method is the one-two punch to get you to achieve anything you set your heart and mind to do, but there’s a caveat – there is hard work involved. There is lots of effort and commitment that you need to set your heart to achieve.
The 1st R is to raise your standards. Everyday, commit yourself to doing a better job than what you did yesterday. Know where you are at now, today, and envision where you’d like to be.
An example is if you’re in a career, and you’re at X position and/or drawing Y salary. Where would you like to be in 2 year’s time – is it an advancement in X+1 position and/or drawing Y+1 salary?
Or if you are self employed or running your own business, what would your business goals be – more sales, more retail units, more staff etc.
It doesn’t have to be just about work or business. It can also be applied to your personal life, for example if you’d like to spend more time with your loved ones, or pick up a new hobby etc.
Take your time to envision and think about where you’d like to go.
Okay, so write it down and put it somewhere you can see it consistently. This is the easy part that most people get. Now let’s get to the part where people don’t really like to do.
The second R is to install rituals and habits that supports the newly raised standards. The first R is the vision and dream, the second R is the execution of the things that must be done for the first R to be achieved.
I’ll give you three illustrations across different domains of interest.
Table Of Contents
Let’s say Mark, who runs his own business selling financial products and services, earning $100,000.00 a year, wants to double last year’s sales to $200,000.00 this year.
He’s done his homework, and he found out that the bulk of his sales are from business to business sales, and just by finding 12 more businesses he can reach his goals. Usually, for a sale to happen, he will have to meet 10-12 people, and for him to meet 10-12 people, he would have to make about 20 calls.
Working backwards, that’d mean he has to make an additional 20 calls a month to meet 10-12 people to close an additional sale every month, to reach his goal of $200,000.00 for this year.
It is not an option, it is a must to do. He has raised his standards, and now he must achieve them for his goal to come to pass.
Let’s say Jennifer has a 5-year old son, and she works full time. She wants to spend more time with him at least an hour of quality time doing an activity that they both enjoy other than the usual eating and talking about school etc, three times a week.
She finds herself so overwhelmed with work that she brings her work home and finishes work late into the night already, finishing around 11 pm every night.
How can she do it?
Now that she has raised the standard of wanting to spend at least an hour x 3 days in a given week doing an activity that they both enjoy, she has to explore what activities are suitable that they both can participate in for about an hour, and when can she squeeze the time in.
She takes a look at her schedule to find which activities sap most of her time, and she then will have to make decisions to either cut out some tasks, delegate them, or work more on some days so she take take an hour on those three days to spend time with her kid.
It’s not a choice – it’s a must.
Let’s say John wants to be able to complete a 42 km marathon by the end of the year, assuming that it’s now in January and his marathon is in December. Assume also he’s never jogged in his life.
Breaking it down to achievable tasks is that he needs to be able to complete:
- 31.5 km marathon in September
- 21.0 km marathon in June
- 10.5 km in March
to hit the big 42 km in December.
Break that down further, that’d mean that he has to achieve:
- 3.5 km in January
- 7.0 km in February
- 10.5 km in March
- ….and work upwards incrementally until he reaches his quarterly milestones and year one home run.
For John to achieve this, he has no reason not to, because he has set his heart and mind on it – come rain or shine, he’ll don his jogging wear and head out the house for his jog. It doesn’t matter if he’s tired or busy or whatnot.
He must do it, because he planned and set it already.
What I’m getting at is that in the end, whatever you can think and conceive in your heart and head, you can definitely achieve it (within reason of course – no one can fly without wings or stop a speeding bullet with their hands).
The 2Rs is about Raising Your Standards and Rituals To Support Your New Standards, to bring you wherever you want to go or be. It’s about putting the vision board up and putting the grunt work in to get things done.
Share what are the tips and hints that you use to get shit done.
Circles Life Promo Code M…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
I love good success and freedom and learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
I help motivate and/or bring clarity to people as to building their lives based on what matters most to them – this could be earning more with entrepreneurship or a side hustle; or scaling back their expenses (or kill their mindless spending and keeping up with the Joneses’); improving communications, relationships, problem-solving and other growth-related matters.
All for one main purpose: to help readers become happier by build their lives according to what matters most to them.
Where To Next?
- If you’re new here, do subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to the Start Here it’s created to be my good success and life thesis, so it’s very content heavy (Read: lots of words and links to resources, write ups and videos). It’s constantly updated too with new data and updates as often as I can.
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to see the curated products and services I use / have used to improve different aspects of my life be it business, relationships, health and more. Note: recommendations in nigelchua.com may be affiliate links, which means I may get paid if you choose to buy through my affiliate link.
- If you’d like to ask me any questions, head to the Questions/Ask Nigel section
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.