Today is the 19th January 2017.
And I’ve more than 30+ sites across Site Build It, Wealthy Affiliate and Bluehost.
And it’s getting tiresome to handle three accounts with so many domains, so I am starting to do a stockcheck on what is good, and moreso, what is going to stay with me for the mid and longer term.
I’ve also been evaluating some timeless debates:
Site Build It (SBI) versus WordPress/Wealthy Affiliates
And I am sort of reaching (finally) some sort of a conclusion.
Site Build It sites is definitely still more old-school, but to me, in this case, I’ll say old is gold. They’re more stable, but they cost more at a flat fee of USD 299 per year IN THE BEGINNING. WordPress users who are self hosted can say that they can start any site with half that cost, and any additional domains can be “just added” at the cost of the domain with no added hosting fee. This is true.
Site Build It’s commenting system is also old school, using C2 or trying to add external commenting system such as Disqus or LiveFyre etc. They don’t even have a “Related Post” function (this is one of my main gripes).
And they’re rigid. If we want any additional function, we will have to get external hosting and add the function in.
But I’ve gone around and tried WordPress for some time last year (I use self hosted WordPress here on NigelChua.com), I joined Wealthy Affiliate which has an awesome training community who welcomed me. I do feel the support, love etc, but there’s a few major flaws of WordPress.
- too much to update
- too much to learn
- much more financial costs when it comes to losing time, chasing shiny marbles, buying themes, testing themes and plugins etc
WordPress can be a time sucking platform.
There is a ton of benefits of using WordPress:
- cheaper to “test and try” compared to Site Build It
- easier to outsource by hiring VAs and giving them author access and WordPress is very well known in the world
- I love the Related Post feature as well as the native WP commenting – so easy!
- And Wealthy Affiliate is a mighty benefit and loving helpful teaching IM plaftform with strong community
And yes, I know it works and has worked for many people. Many of the highly influential bloggers I read such as Tim Ferriss, Ramit Sethi, Pat Flynn, Darren Rowse etc – all use self-hosting WordPress.
Just that for me, right now, with so much on my hands, and little time: If I had to choose, I will choose Site Build It.
- It is stable (lesser risk of hacks) with fast speeds at fixed cost of USD 299 per year (note: you can get fast speed with WordPress by paying more using stronger hosting at WP Engine etc, starts at USD 29 per month per site)
- It makes me focused and there is less distraction of themes, plugins etc
I will miss Wealthy Affiliate, but I don’t want to waste time and money testing further: Site Build It has been working for me so I’ll focus on it.
What will this mean:
1. I will promote both SBI and WA, but if I have to number it, SBI comes 1st and WA second. Or I may phase out WA?
2. I will cull many of my WP sites that are not long term, either by porting them to relevant SBI sites or hosted in bluehost
3. I will focus on those websites that are more meaningful and important to me (likewise to my businesses, investments, relationships, etc)
NigelChua.com is still the same: focusing on building and living a passive income lifestyle. And how this post ties in is for readers who wants to build an online business, I will recommend Site Build It over WordPress as mentioned above.
2017 will be the year of focused clarity and consistency.
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian.
Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, plus building/investing into other businesses and investments as well as advisory works.
Nowadays I share and teach entrepreneurship, financial independence, retiring early as well as building and living a life you love.
Where To Next?
- Subscribe to my newsletter – no spam and just my best stuff. Unsubscribe anytime.
- Go to Homepage of nigelchua.com
- If you like videos, head to All Videos – all the latest (and all) videos are uploaded there.
- Visit the Blog to read the latest articles and videos. You can see all / my entire list of previous articles here: Archive
- Head over my Resources page to the products and services I use to improve business, relationships, health and more.
- Contact me if you like to thank me for helping you in some way (please, always tell me – it’s such emails that I truly look forward to), interview me, ask me to try a product, or media inquiries.
- If you like my work and want to support me / my cause by giving a tip / donation or choose to buy stuff at my products and tool page – thank you for your support. You keep me going.