In a recent post where I reminisced over 2014: Reflections, I shared with you that I will write about the projections for 2015, and I want to introduce to you that 2015 will be the year of unapologetic mastery.
2015 will be dedicated to mastery, and there will be no apologies or being apologetic about mastery. Mastery over your psychology, physique and progress.
The visions of NigelChua.com today is:
- Financial Freedom – dedicated to achieving, maintaining financial freedom in your life such that finances no longer worries you, forever. I will cover the ways I think about it, and my progress.I had written before on shifting gears to passive income and on Passive Income, and I’ve managed to create a semi passive income business (with the help of a super supportive wife, super therapists whom I’m proud to call friends, and an awesome God), and I want to take it to the next level, by being and becoming an investor who can live off his portfolio’s passive income. A simplistic fundamental understanding of how I have been doing it is to first establish a starting vehicle that is either a career or a business that can create/set aside funds for investment, where my dollars can work harder for me, for our family’s future.
It’d look something like this:
Career/Business + Prudence >> Savings >>
Paper Investments AND/OR Stable Hard Assets
Currently we don’t have enough to invest in stable hard assets, given the property market in Singapore is highly priced, and if we want to invest in property, we can only buy 1 property, and still take a loan on it, which is not my preference at this point in time. I want something less risky, no loans.
So because of that, I will first look into investing into very, very stable and low risk paper assets that is also low cost to invest.
Now that I’ve established a fairly secure vehicle that creates some savings for me, I am exploring methods of investing that will/must (1) principal amount invested MUST be protected, anything that is risky I will not consider; (2) capital gains must come and (3) there must be dividends or payouts. I have an extremely low risk appetite when it comes to investing, I want a SURE WIN approach. I do not want to do active trading at all.
As of today, I am exploring the approaches of low-cost index funds on an either Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA) or Lump Sum Investment (LSI), and I am looking to hold for 20 – 50 years, or more.
I am scheduled to go for a course on 31st January 2015 to broaden and deepen my understanding of paper assets investing.
Of course, my business will not be neglected; in fact, I’ll be spending much more time growing the business as I’m scheduling more time and dedicated to growing the business high double digit growths per year, as the fundamentals is to take care of the fundamental business/career – without this, there’s nothing to talk about in investing. So build your business and career first so that you can have surplus or savings which you can invest, if you’re barely beginning, put all your time, effort and focus there first, rather than splitting your heads over two large goals.
- Faith – I am unashamed about my love and faith in Jesus Christ, the Lord and Savior of myself, my wife and my household. We shall serve Him all the days of our lives. Faith is required in all levels of living, be it basic day to day, or at high levels, and faith is what that keeps me going, on top of hope and love.I attend City Harvest Church Singapore, and I am unashamed about it, after seeking the truths and finding out the true story of all the recent scandals revolving around the church. I stand by the church and leadership, despite it all, I believe more in God today than yesterday. Yes, there are ways they could have done better, but we always are smarter in retrospect. We can only continue to pray for God’s grace, mercy and deliverance.
- Fatherhood & Family – as we embark on being new parents, having lost a parent recently, and trying to keep the family together, my perspective of family is it is a vital 33% of our lives, and it deserves attention to how we can be better parents, childrens, siblings and friends to one another.I would like to be able to spend more time with my loved ones, and especially with my daughter, despite my busy schedule.
- Fitness – although this is not written as part of the focus of the blog, I wrote recently that I lost 4 kgs after 8 weeks of cutting out about 75% of sugars and carbohydrates from my diet, and in the same blog post, I also wrote how I actually schedule 4-6 days of gym exercises (alternating between cardiovascular and resistive training). In 2015 and beyond, I am fixing my exercise days to be weekdays (5 weekdays per week) before my work starts, I find this the best fit for me, as it has more or less become part of my schedule (now I no longer have to think “if I have to go to gym” – I just go to gym). I aim to hit 80 kg weight (as of 11th Jan 2015 I am 90.4 kg)
2015 is the year of unapologetic mastery over business/careers, finance, faith, fatherhood and family relationships and fitness. I will share with you with as much details I can.
PS: I do think unapologetic mastery sounds very much like Ramit’s version, and I am pretty sure I am strongly influenced by him and his works, but I cannot think of a better name for now.
Truly, let 2015 be the year of unapologetic mastery.
What are your hopes, dreams and plans for mastery in 2015? Tell me – I read every comment.
Table Of Contents
My 1st Year Using Site Bui…
Why people buy Site Build It…
JOIN ME IN INTUITIVE, LOVING, GENTLE AND GOOD SUCCESS AND SELF MASTERY THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. NO HYPE. NO BULLSHIT.
Hang around here for some time, you’d see that I don’t well with hype or bullshit. I can smell that typically a mile away, and I hate that shit too.
I’ve been working on myself and on NigelChua.com for years, since 2006, and only in late 2019, I started to focus on intuitive and loving leadership, entreprenership and personal development.
Here are some areas that I work on a consistent, ongoing basis.
See the Tools & Resources I use to improve my life, businesses, health, build passive income and more.
The core topics I cover in NigelChua.com is:
- Eternal life and salvation: Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth & the Life
- Fix your health: get healthier, live longer, run faster, more energy, fuck more
- Passive Income Lifestyle: Become financially secure by building assets that provides multiple streams of passive income that’s more than your living expenses
- Personal Loving Relationships: Attract, build and grow relationships you love
- Philanthropy: giving to the poor and needy
- Philosophy: Conscious, purposeful and positive living
- Productivity: How to become more efficient and productive in important things. Mastering them causes you take less them whilst increasing productivity.
- Insure yourself and your loved ones (Health insurance is important)
- Add-on Adventures: Become rich and wealthy
- Add-on Adventures: Build businesses that add positive value to your society and life
- Success Principles
Take action TODAY: One year from today, you’ll be one year older. What would you have done by then?
I’m the founder and writer here at NigelChua.com; as well as serial entrepreneur, therapy business entrepreneur, digital entrepreneur, investor and also happy husband, father and Christian. Loves good success and freedom.
Learned early in life on importance of making more and entrepreneurship. Started and sold off a business for 7-figures; built another 7-figure one and growing it further, as well as building/investing into other businesses.
I help and consult people how to diversify their income by starting offline or online business to create financial freedom for themselves plus achieve balanced good success in their lives.